Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Another critical person murdered in Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L'Etranger
    L'Etranger
    Veteran Moorcockista
    L'Etranger
    Veteran Moorcockista
    • Dec 2003

Another critical person murdered in Russia

Under the smoke screen that the Gaza Conflict has created undesirable Russian Human Rights activists are in peril. A leading lawyer and a journalist have been murdered yesterday BBC .
    Has anyone got more insight into what is going in Russia currently? I find this is alarming as obviously the State is not able to protect dissenters or not interested in doing so. The death list is getting ever longer and as long as business is going well with Russia our protests don't seem to help much.
    Google ergo sum

• Jolanthus Trel
    Jolanthus Trel
    Apprentice wordsmith
    Jolanthus Trel
    Apprentice wordsmith
    • Sep 2005

I was reading somewhere recently, that the Ruskies are trying to unoffically reform the old Soviet Union. It certainly looks like it.
    Mutant Ill-Tempered Sea Bass Player

Comment

• Talisant
      Talisant
      Champion of the Balance
      Talisant
      Champion of the Balance
      • Dec 2003

Here's a link to yesterday's story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090119/...awyer_killed_6

Markel0v/P0litskaya/Litvinenk0
      "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

• Nathaniel
        Nathaniel
        Champion of the Balance
        Nathaniel
        Champion of the Balance
        • Nov 2006

Seems increasingly that William Gibson's idea of the Russian Mafia and Russian Government having a "merger" seems not far fetched.

Oh, and if any Russian political assasins read this, please don't shoot me, I bought and enjoyed Putin's Judo DVD

Comment

Working...
        X