Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Osama Bin Laden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dorian-Hawkmoon
    Dorian-Hawkmoon
    Denizen of Moo Uria
    Dorian-Hawkmoon
    Denizen of Moo Uria
    • Aug 2008

Well, Osama, may he rot in Mabelode's cauldron of fire, began it all with 11/9. Afghanistan war against his Taliban supporters was inevitable. The main error wasm, not finish the job and going on in a pointless war in Iraq for which the moron Bush presented with false witness ((violating God 8th Commandment!) of imaginary links of Saddam with Osama and equally imaginary weapons of mass destruction. To me, Osama is dead, because a showoff like him won't send his vice to launch his criminal threaths and incitations to mass murder. Al Qaeda is still capable of that (see most recently the Islamabad massacre) and that owes to Bush's strategy. Apparently neocons find terrorism useful as justification for war and limiting freedom.
    VOTE OBAMA! (by Arioch, why that strange quasi-coincidence of names?)
    Don't believe everything you hear, but not disbelieve anything, either
    Calanthe Har Aralis har Varr har Uigenna

This is not the Tanelorn I was searching for
    Dorian Hawkmoon

Comment

• johneffay
      johneffay
      Born Again Nihilist
      johneffay
      Born Again Nihilist
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Dorian-Hawkmoon View Post
      Well, Osama, may he rot in Mabelode's cauldron of fire, began it all with 11/9. Afghanistan war against his Taliban supporters was inevitable. The main error wasm, not finish the job and going on in a pointless war in Iraq for which the moron Bush presented with false witness
      Sounds about right to me

The only quibble I have is whether the job in Afghanistan is finishable: the Soviets didn't have a lot of luck there, and neither did the British before that.

Comment

• L'Etranger
        L'Etranger
        Veteran Moorcockista
        L'Etranger
        Veteran Moorcockista
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by johneffay View Post
        Sounds about right to me

The only quibble I have is whether the job in Afghanistan is finishable: the Soviets didn't have a lot of luck there, and neither did the British before that.
        And ve are a bit out of ze conquering habit for ze moment.

One gigantic problem is that the "job in Afghanistan" is seen as a military task by most.
        It would need an even greater reconstruction effort so that the difference between Taliban days and a moderate state of Afghanistan becomes obvious to the people of Afghanistan and reaches even the remotest villages. Otherwise it is just more foreigners shooting and killing eachother.
        Google ergo sum

Comment

• Morgan Kane
          Morgan Kane
          Lost in the multiverse
          Morgan Kane
          Lost in the multiverse
          • Jun 2006

Yes, L' Etranger !

US makes war and Talibans make politics !

Comment

• L'Etranger
            L'Etranger
            Veteran Moorcockista
            L'Etranger
            Veteran Moorcockista
            • Dec 2003

Some say he's still alive and singing ....:
            http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=9L0vZE...eature=related
            Google ergo sum

Comment

• J-Sun
              J-Sun
              Priest of Nadsokor
              J-Sun
              Priest of Nadsokor
              • Dec 2007

I think that Osama...

a) is either getting older and feeble, and too sick to do much but issue occasional orders...

b) is relishing the BILLIONS that have been spent looking for him. The threat of Osama is far more powerful than Osama himself. He knows this, and knows that he is more powerful as an idea than as a person. So lay low and let men fear you rather than come out of hiding and prove you are just a man.

(these two positions are not exclusive either)
              "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
              --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

• thingfish
                thingfish
                sairfecht
                thingfish
                sairfecht
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by L'Etranger View Post
                Some say he's still alive and singing ....:
                http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=9L0vZE...eature=related
                Excellent link L'Etranger
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• UncleDes
                  UncleDes
                  Got Moves like Jagged
                  UncleDes
                  Got Moves like Jagged
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
                  I think that Osama...

a) is either getting older and feeble, and too sick to do much but issue occasional orders...

b) is relishing the BILLIONS that have been spent looking for him. The threat of Osama is far more powerful than Osama himself. He knows this, and knows that he is more powerful as an idea than as a person. So lay low and let men fear you rather than come out of hiding and prove you are just a man.

(these two positions are not exclusive either)
                  Better a bastard dead from natural causes than another martyr. His threats are weak and hollow. Seven years later, and despite all the posturing, the US remains unattacked.

Time to declare the "war on terror" over and quit the 1984 rhetoric. Now we have other things to worry about.

Des
                  Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• J-Sun
                    J-Sun
                    Priest of Nadsokor
                    J-Sun
                    Priest of Nadsokor
                    • Dec 2007

In school we always learned that the worst thing you could do was give a bully the attention he wanted.

Someone send the Oval Office a copy of Fulgham's book "Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten."
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

• David Mosley
                      David Mosley
                      Eternal Administrator
                      David Mosley
                      Eternal Administrator
                      • Jul 2004

Someone send the Oval Office a copy of Fulgham's book "Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten."
                      Unless it has pictures I don't think there's much point.
                      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Nathaniel
                        Nathaniel
                        Champion of the Balance
                        Nathaniel
                        Champion of the Balance
                        • Nov 2006

In school we always learned that the worst thing you could do was give a bully the attention he wanted.

That belief has been rather undermined by serious research, school bullies feed on the anxiety they cause in their victims, the worst thing you can do with a bully is let them make you anxious, the idea that bullies have low self esteem has also been debunked, they tend to have high but brittle self esteem (i.e. high opinions of themselves not grounded solidly in reality).

Now that that hair has been succesfully split 4 ways, I totaly agree with what you were actually saying JS, the worst thing you can do with someone like what you were actually talking about is to pay attention to 'em.

As for Fulgham's book, I always found the unoficial extensions far more usefull.
                        1) The only good time to start a fight is when the other guy isn't ready
                        2) If someone you don't like and who doesn't like you offers you a cookie, it is probably a really crappy cookie
                        Nathaniel
                        Champion of the Balance
                        Last edited by Nathaniel; 12-17-2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X