Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Farenheit 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEtranger
    Now, why shouldn't one compare a film with a war? Obviously this one film seems to be getting more vehement opposition than going to an unjustified war based on ... lies!
    You sound much like a certain worthy conservative gentleman who frequents this place, yet your orthography is less faulty so you have to be someone else ...
    Thanks I'll take that as a compliment. I've been a member of this site for sometime now and for some reason felt like posting today. I like to debate but hate to try to crush other peoples views. I think everthing works out in the poll booth and the greater will is served. I'm fairly conservative but I don't think Bush is the best President we have ever had. I like to think that I try to filter out the falsehoods, as I see them. It just makes more sense than marching in step with any given political party or ideology. I started out in college as quite the little liberal but over the years I've come to the conclusion that I am a conservative and that is where my convictions are.

Comment

Your views are welcome here, of course.

Just curious. If not Bush, then who? Is there a moderate you would prefer to see have the job? I'm not trying to bait you. I'm interested in your opinion.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I would vote for John McCain if he ever runs. To be honest I would like to see somebody in the Presidency who is less about being a politician and more about helping the country. Does that make sense? Presidential hopeful Kerry has reversed himself on everything he voted for as a Senator so he could be the Demoratic nominee. He scares me because he is 100% politically motivated. If it hadn't been for the terroist attack on our soil I don't think President Bush would stand out in the annuals of history either.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
          I've only taken a college course in Media I admit, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a totally unbiased documentary. It isn't physically possible (or even desirable) to make a film which examines a subject from every possible angle. We don't have cameras that can film inside people's brains yet. Just by choosing a subject to make a documentary about you are engaging in a judgement call.... and every other decision you make after that will be influenced by a wide variety of issues, both internal and external.

Does Moore have an agenda? Of course he does. Has he ever suggested otherwise? He may defend his work as "truthful", but what is the truth? Would it ever be possible for a feature length documentary to tell the WHOLE truth? Of course not. He just tells his truth, which is all any artist or journalist can do. If you don't like it, borrow a digital camera and craft a retort. If Roger & Me is "trash" it shouldn't be too hard to surpass it, right? No single source of information can ever give you the truth, which is why we need people like Bill around to give a counterpoint. A personal attack on Moore is not really very constructive (I know Bill would say the same about personal attacks on Bush, so I'll throw that one in for free).

Now if you don't mind, we have some liberal back-slapping to do.

D...
          Every documentary has a point of view. That's what makes it different from journalism. All documentaries, then, are filled with subjectivity, and filtered and missing information. If you want the whole story you have to live it. Part of a dcumentarian's job is to show that one part of reality as he or she sees it.

By the way Dee, you do a good Bill impersonation. :lol:

Comment

My instincts tell me that McCain is a decent conservative.
            I think it rare for me to say such a thing about a politician.
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

"Just double checking here. You mean that F. 9/11 is "propganda" in the same way as Bush's WMD are? By the way, how many humans were killed as a result of the filming of F. 9/11 (if you didn't see it, what about Roger and Me? How many did that film kill?)? Okay. How many by the war? Don't know? Too many uncounted civilians? Okay. How many American troops are dead?

Ah right. I keep forgetting. Your President Bush is doing God's will. Kill 'em all and let God sort them out. Right? Yeah. You've convinced me."

I'll try to trasnslate from the original language, Liberal. It says here that "I have no coherent reponse to your therefore implicitly correct assertions, so I will do the next best thing, and attack Bush in any way I can, whether accurate or not. Since I am condemning killing, I am morally right, and therefore unassailable."

"You sound much like a certain worthy conservative gentleman who frequents this place, yet your orthography is less faulty so you have to be someone else ..."

Since I am the only conservative poster here, for the most part, I'll assume the reference is to me. Rest assured I have no reason or inclination to disguise my identity. Especially with the rash of trolls lately. Although, once again, the translation renders what might have been a complement into a rude and condescending dig at my spelling. Thankfully, I am aware that most Europeans aren't rude and condenscending, so it must be a personal thing.

And rest assured, I will be diligent in my spelling from now on....sheesh.

Comment

Working...
              X