Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Farenheit 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farenheit 9/11

So...Michael Moore's documentary "Farenheit 9/11" has scooped the prestigious Palme d'Or prize at the Cannes film festival.
    I just hope that all you good people across the pond will get a chance to see this film. You all should know exactly what this man and his cohorts are - and exactly how they got there in the first place.

We can hope, but I'm not sure that the Disnazis will ever let it go. Does anyone know how much of the film they own? Do they only own the distribution rights?

Comment

I had heard that Pixar is going to release the new Moore film. Maybe this is not true.
      \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
      Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

If PIXAR releases it, does that mean that John Ratzenberger will now play the role of President Bush?

Maybe this coud lead to a C/G version of Animal Farm.

Comment

How about a CG version of an Ed Wood classic
          like Plan 9 from Outer Space?
          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"

Comment

"If PIXAR releases it, does that mean that John Ratzenberger will now play the role of President Bush? "

No, but Danny DeVito will play Mike Moore.

Comment

Here's the scoop, folks...

Wooo Hooo! Just in time for the elections!

Weinstein Brothers Buy Moore Documentary
              By ANTHONY BREZNICAN, AP

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/entertain...28180009990003

LOS ANGELES (May 28 ) - Bob and Harvey Weinstein finalized the deal
              Friday to buy back Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" - which Walt
              Disney Co. blocked their Miramax films division from releasing -
              and distribute it themselves.

Comment

You guys do know that Mr. Moore has never made a Documentary, right? Back when he was making that piece of trash "Roger and Me", I got a chance to talk to part of his film crew at length in the Hilton in Flint, MI. They knew he was making propganda and he just picks polarized subject matter to lampoon and incite the masses. He preaches to the choir, liberals, and lines his pockets. He's just a very good capitalist or in the words of Frank Zappa, "a Flake". At that time it was the fear of blue collar jobs in the auto industry disappearing. Now it is the line between Bush(51%*) and Kerry(47%*). Pointing to Moores work for anything beside entertainment purposes is like quoting Pee Wee's Playhouse to get your point across. [* current approval rates via Gallop Poll]

Comment

Just double checking here. You mean that F. 9/11 is "propganda" in the same way as Bush's WMD are? By the way, how many humans were killed as a result of the filming of F. 9/11 (if you didn't see it, what about Roger and Me? How many did that film kill?)? Okay. How many by the war? Don't know? Too many uncounted civilians? Okay. How many American troops are dead?

Ah right. I keep forgetting. Your President Bush is doing God's will. Kill 'em all and let God sort them out. Right? Yeah. You've convinced me.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I've only taken a college course in Media I admit, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a totally unbiased documentary. It isn't physically possible (or even desirable) to make a film which examines a subject from every possible angle. We don't have cameras that can film inside people's brains yet. Just by choosing a subject to make a documentary about you are engaging in a judgement call.... and every other decision you make after that will be influenced by a wide variety of issues, both internal and external.

Does Moore have an agenda? Of course he does. Has he ever suggested otherwise? He may defend his work as "truthful", but what is the truth? Would it ever be possible for a feature length documentary to tell the WHOLE truth? Of course not. He just tells his truth, which is all any artist or journalist can do. If you don't like it, borrow a digital camera and craft a retort. If Roger & Me is "trash" it shouldn't be too hard to surpass it, right? No single source of information can ever give you the truth, which is why we need people like Bill around to give a counterpoint. A personal attack on Moore is not really very constructive (I know Bill would say the same about personal attacks on Bush, so I'll throw that one in for free).

Now if you don't mind, we have some liberal back-slapping to do.

D...
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Boy that was a weird bit of logic. Why in the world are you comparing a film with war? They are two completely different things. As far as WMD, what are you waiting for? The nerve gas shell, the 14 drums of mustard gas, the 6 mobile weapons labs, or maybe you also missed the ballistic missles? I don't know why (yes I do, lol) people keep dragging that up. The issue never was to find a warehouse full of WMD but rather for Saddam to comply with a UN resolution. Maybe that wasn't our place to enforce it, but I personally believe it was after the horrible events of 9/11. Find a warehouse full of WMD no, who knows maybe that skirt chasing baffon Slick Willy got them when he tried to bomb them with billions of dollars worth of tomahawks. That's right even Bill Clinton knew that they were there and Ole Flip Flop is on record as knowing they were there.

Moore films aren't Documentaries and he has said as much when accused of breaking the laws concerning campaign finance reform. I'm still wondering why you compared two dissimilair items to try and make a point. War and a movie aren't the same thing. You should have asked how many cavities has his films caused compared to candy. It wouldn't have made any less sense.

Comment

Now, why shouldn't one compare a film with a war? Obviously this one film seems to be getting more vehement opposition than going to an unjustified war based on ... lies!
                        You sound much like a certain worthy conservative gentleman who frequents this place, yet your orthography is less faulty so you have to be someone else ...
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Did anyone else have to nip to a dictionary site to look up the word "orthography"? No? Just me then...

orآ·thogآ·raآ·phy n.
                          1. The art or study of correct spelling according to established usage.
                          2. The aspect of language study concerned with letters and their sequences in words.
                          3. A method of representing a language or the sounds of language by written symbols; spelling.

D...
                          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Did I write "orthography"? My gosh, I meant "spelling" of course!
                            Google ergo sum

Comment

Confounded academics. Always adding depth and dimension to the conversation. :roll:
                              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
                              X