Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Leave the Iraq now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-A_19
    LEtranger wrote:

ever heard of the "Rape of Nanjing"?
    Yes. It's anniversary was marked in the english press a couple of years ago (although several papers used the spelling 'nanking'). It's interesting that you should mention it as an example of an atrocity.

I have always considered the incident to be an remarkable example of humanity, That of John Rabe the, card-carrying German Nazi who is credited with rescuing more than 50,000 Chinese from the slaughter, at great personal risk, when he could easily have sat by and watched.

Perhaps it takes the worst of times, to bring out the best in us?
    Yes, I know the story of Rabe. It is an incredible example of why we can still consider ourselves "human". It should be among the 100 "must" books (ot least of factual literature).
    For further reference, as I'm in a hurry and will be travelling a copuple of days, here the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...roduct-details

regards, L'E
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
    X