Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Tibet and the Flame of Repression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thingfish
    sairfecht
    • Sep 2007

Did you see the article on the news about the olympic torch going through Tibet yesterday.
    Talk about rubbing their faces in it.
    Unbelievable!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• HaggisMeister
      My astral soul?
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by thingfish View Post
      Did you see the article on the news about the olympic torch going through Tibet yesterday.
      Talk about rubbing their faces in it.
      Unbelievable!!
      I did indeed TF - another stage managed propaganda exercise and show of strength

Comment

• SpaceBanana
        Nomad of the Time Streams
        • Nov 2006

Jessie advert for Buddhism

This isn't quite the right thread, but did anyone else a personal email selling Buddhism to them from someone called Jessie? I just picked up on the thread "Tibet" and noticed the word "propaganda" at the bottom of this thread, so here's as good as anywhere, since you apprently can't reply to them.....

Comment

• thingfish
          sairfecht
          • Sep 2007

What was it all about SB?
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• HaggisMeister
            My astral soul?
            • Aug 2006

SB - an email from someone trying to sell religion, making money out of the selling?
            Now that's a novel idea

Seriously though, I never got any such messages

Comment

• SpaceBanana
              • Nov 2006

email

It was like this:

Originally posted by Jessie
              Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Jessiehttp://jessie.infinitehosting.net
              Aaaargh! I'm unwittingly spreading the word for Buddha! Must be all the "Monkey" I watched as a kid

Comment

• HaggisMeister
                My astral soul?
                • Aug 2006

SB - Monkey! was one of the most profound influences on my early life and remains one of my favourite 'journeys' of all time!

Let me add some Monkey narrator quotes before I get back on thread:

"Gods and devils are not the point of Buddhism. An enlightened man is greater than any god or demon. There is no reward or punishment except what we call forth ourselves. All suffering is caused by selfish desires. Enlightened, one becomes a Buddha. The Buddha himself said so, and the Buddha fills all the universe."
                "What is truth when we lie to ourselves about so much, and know so little? What is the universe made of? How big is it? Is it eternal? Which politics are best for society? Even Pigsy understands that certainty is only another delusion."
                "The Buddha said such questions do not matter. If you were to put off the search for enlightenment to answer such questions, you would never find the path."

Back on topic - T for Tibet campaign. For more information on this have a look at the website and give some support!

Comment

• thingfish
                  sairfecht
                  • Sep 2007

Have just checked it out and pledged Haggis,cheers for the link ma man
                  Superb Monkey memories there
                  SB-Looks like Jessie is in serious need of a hobby!!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• SpaceBanana
                    • Nov 2006

Hobby

I'd say it's fairly clear she's already got one!

Comment

• HaggisMeister
                      My astral soul?
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                      Have just checked it out and pledged Haggis,cheers for the link ma man
                      Superb Monkey memories there
                      Well done TF!

SB - a cryptic hobbyist I think!

Comment

• UncleDes
                        Got Moves like Jagged
                        • Dec 2006

Jessie

There was a thread on Jessie:

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=8397
                        Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

• L'Etranger
                          Veteran Moorcockista
                          • Dec 2003

Whatever else one might think of them, Gordon Brown and Angela Merkel are not going to attend the openening ceremony today.
                          Germany's sending only the interior and defense ministers, but not even to the opening ceremony.
                          The best would be to boycott watching the games on TV which would hurt the commercial sponsors most.
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

• thingfish
                            sairfecht
                            • Sep 2007

You're right L'etranger,good on them
                            And i will be following your lead,they wont be on in this house.
                            Shame on all the corporations who are milking everything they can without even mentioning this regimes appaling record on virtually all fronts.
                            I would like to say well done to that lonely band of european protesters who got themselves noticed the other day.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• L'Etranger
                              Veteran Moorcockista
                              • Dec 2003

Just heard from my wife who had a gig this afternoon doing a children's mime show out in the country. She had a full house with enthusiastic kids and adults ALTHOUGH the opening ceremony was broadcast live at the same time.
                              So, obviously some people don't care too much about DAY 1. She's playing the whole weekend in different towns and we'll see how it goes on.
                              Google ergo sum

Comment

• thingfish
                                sairfecht
                                • Sep 2007

Encouraging news L'etranger.
                                Iwas out having a few beers earlier in a few of the local pubs and not one person mentioned it either!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X