Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bush the anti-christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush the anti-christ?

Bush's "Christian" blood cult:

Concerns Raised by the Vatican

George W. Bush proclaims himself a born-again Christian. However, Bush and fellow self-anointed neo-Christians like House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, John Ashcroft, and sports arena Book of Revelations carnival hawker Franklin Graham appear to wallow in a "Christian" blood lust cult when it comes to practicing the teachings of the founder of Christianity. This cultist form of Christianity, with its emphasis on death rather than life, is also worrying the leaders of mainstream Christian religions, particularly the Pope.

One only has to check out Bush's record as Governor of Texas to see his own preference for death over life. During his tenure as Governor, Bush presided over a record setting 152 executions, including the 1998 execution of fellow born-again Christian Karla Faye Tucker, a convicted murderer who later led a prison ministry... Bush mocked Tucker's appeal for clemency. In an interview with Talk magazine, Bush imitated Tucker's appeal for him to spare her life - pursing his lips, squinting his eyes, and in a squeaky voice saying, "Please don't kill me." That went too far for former GOP presidential candidate Gary Bauer, himself an evangelical Christian. "I think it is nothing short of unbelievable that the governor of a major state running for president thought it was acceptable to mock a woman he decided to put to death," said Bauer.

A former Texas Department of Public Safety officer, a devout Roman Catholic, told this reporter that evidence to the contrary, Bush was more than happy to ignore DNA data and documented cases of prosecutorial misconduct to send innocent people to the Huntsville, Texas lethal injection chamber. He said the number of executed mentally retarded, African Americans, and those who committed capital crimes as minors was proof that Bush was insensitive and a "phony Christian."...

Bush has not once prayed for the innocent civilians who died as a result of the U.S. attack on Iraq...He makes no mention of the children, women, and old men killed by America's "precision-guided" missiles and bombs and trigger-happy U.S. troops...

Franklin Graham continues to enjoy his father's unfettered and questionable access to the White House. But in the case of Bush, the younger Graham has a fanatic adherent. Graham has called Islam a "very evil and wicked" religion. He then announces he wants to go to Iraq. Graham obviously sees an opportunity to convert Muslims and unrepentant Eastern Christians, who owe their allegiance to Roman and Greek prelates, to his perverted form of blood cult Christianity...

Bush's self-proclaimed adherence to Christianity (during one of the presidential debates he said Jesus Christ was his favorite "philosopher") and his constant reference to a new international structure bypassing the United Nations system and long-standing international treaties are worrying the top leadership of the Roman Catholic Church. Well-informed sources close to the Vatican report that Pope John Paul II is growing increasingly concerned about Bush's ultimate intentions. The Pope has had experience with Bush's death fetish. Bush ignored the Pope's plea to spare the life of Karla Faye Tucker. To show that he was similarly ignorant of the world's mainstream religions, Bush also rejected an appeal to spare Tucker from the World Council of Churches - an organization that represents over 350 of the world's Protestant and Orthodox Churches. It did not matter that Bush's own Methodist Church and his parents' Episcopal Church are members of the World Council.

Bush's blood lust, his repeated commitment to Christian beliefs, and his constant references to "evil doers," in the eyes of many devout Catholic leaders, bear all the hallmarks of the one warned about in the Book of Revelations - the anti-Christ. People close to the Pope claim that amid these concerns, the Pontiff wishes he was younger and in better health to confront the possibility that Bush may represent the person prophesized in Revelations...The Pope, who grew up facing the evils of Hitler and Stalin, knows evil when he sees it...

I was raised Baptist in Los Angeles. Whenever the elders of the church and my parents were ranting on about how hard it is going to be in End Times. They all were certain Christians are to be persecuted and destroyed by governments. I have always been confused by my old church's propensity to support governments that are one day to enslave and persecute.

Talk about paranoia and stupidity.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

"[T]he Pontiff wishes he was younger and in better health to confront the possibility that Bush may represent the person prophesized in Revelations...The Pope, who grew up facing the evils of Hitler and Stalin, knows evil when he sees it..."

Look, semi-active member of the Catholic church here, who has vociferously and steadfastedly expressed his disdain for the type of right-wing evangelical Christianity that Bush is more and more open about representing. So in principle, I agree with you. Having said that, read "Hitler's Pope" - and understand that the current Pope is in many ways as traditionalist as Pope Pius XII was - before you take anything that the current Pope says about George Bush as a neutral comment on American politics. There are politics involved in that position, and no love lost between the Catholic Church and the religious right in America.

Comment

"[T]he Pontiff wishes he was younger and in better health to confront the possibility that Bush may represent the person prophesized in Revelations...The Pope, who grew up facing the evils of Hitler and Stalin, knows evil when he sees it..."

Look, semi-active member of the Catholic church here, who has vociferously and steadfastedly expressed his disdain for the type of right-wing evangelical Christianity that Bush is more and more open about representing. So in principle, I agree with you. Having said that, read "Hitler's Pope" - and understand that the current Pope is in many ways as traditionalist as Pope Pius XII was - before you take anything that the current Pope says about George Bush as a neutral comment on American politics. There are politics involved in that position, and no love lost between the Catholic Church and the religious right in America.

Comment

Secularised member of Lutheran State Church here, so I don't much go in for theories about the Anti-Christ. (We're not really believing in him, you know.) But I think Bush might be Prince Gaynor the Damned. :D

(More) Seriously though, wouldn't it explain a lot of Bush thought himself to be the Anti-Christ? I mean think about it, it makes sense! He's ruining the environment, he's destroying the average man's faith in the political system, he's plunging the world into war, he's a staunch supporter of simonious practices... that's the sort of thing I would do if I thought I was the Anti-Christ (and was a major world leader).

Or as a slogan read on an anti-war demo here in Stockholm: Bush = Illuminatus Primus. That too would explain a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X