Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Call for an End of Executions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'Etranger
    replied
    Then we are the "no-longer-developing world", I presume?

I always wondered who the 2nd World was , so thanks for the enlightenment.
    Last edited by L'Etranger; 01-30-2008, 05:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Forbin
    replied
    Originally posted by Heiron View Post
    USA and Japan...they must end executions first!I mean,one would a expect executions in 3rld world countries but these two...
    Not to be a stickler, but technically speaking the "3rd world" no longer exists, it was a term to distinguish between the 1st world (westernized democracy), the 2nd world (the USSR / China and their respective satellite states) and the 3rd world which was essentially everyone else who didn't fit into these categories.

Don't mean to lecture, but if we want to be politically correct we would call it the "Developing World"

Of course then again I am by no means politically correct all the time, so who cares hehe.

Leave a comment:

• Heiron
    replied
    USA and Japan...they must end executions first!I mean,one would a expect executions in 3rld world countries but these two...

Personally I think some crimes deserve death penalty but anything can go wrong.So it's better for 10 criminals that deserved to die to live another day,than kill an innocent.Here in Greece,in a few cases of really terrible crimes,the criminals were found dead in prison.Either commited suicide or the others killed them.
    What's worse after all?Have a quick death or rot in prison?

Leave a comment:

• L'Etranger
    started a topic Call for an End of Executions

Call for an End of Executions

The United Nations General Assembly endorsed the call for a worldwide suspension of executions. Please show your indignation against any apologist of the Death Penalty, and don't forget that Japan too, larghely unnoticed by the world public, is still executing people.
    We should have left this way behind us by now.
    http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-u...tions-20071218

CHINA USA
    IRAN BALI
    WORLD

And - Bravo New Jersey!
Working...
X