Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Those on the right should STFU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those on the right should STFU!

"You say Fallujah, I say Rambo!"
    http://www.jewishworldreview.com/kathleen/parker1.asp

I suppose it would be considered lacking in nuance to nuke the Sunni Triangle.

-----------------------

Yes dear, it would. But feel free to self-destruct and remove yourself from further consideration.

I 'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you read the remainder of the piece, where she completely dismisses such a thought. LOok at it this way, she got your attention, and mine, and I'll bet a whole lot of others who would not ordinarily be inclined to read her point of view.

And nice touch by countering her own [destructive, hateful] hyperbole with a little hateful, destructive hyperbole of your own. It WAS hyperbole, right?

Comment

she's a nutter. oh, that's just US foreign policy

I read a bit of Kathleen Turners website. She's a racist nutter. Scary thing is that she says exactly what the American government are saying. Looks like a lot more people are going to die in Iraq because of the pride and greed of a few rich people.
      :-) flamingo

Comment

Pride and Greed of rich people? You mean like the Heinz dynasty? Oh that's right people on the left are moral elitest and have an end to a means. These liberal back slapping threads are a hoot! I wonder how much liberal dogma one has to spew before you start suspending belief in reality. :roll:

Comment

Apparently the religious right are ahead of the game, since they don't have to suspend their belief of an imaginary friend on who's behalf all their murdering is done. I refer to the abberant members of the administration and not the typical human being who, as we know, oppose this war-a-thon.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Certainly not. Many horrible things have been done in the name of Christianity. I would submit that wrong is wrong no matter what you use to justify it. The title of this thread states that the right should STF up(winning hearts and minds, lol). You don't have to be religious to be of the right. Most of us believe in smaller government, less taxes, liberty, and preservation of the Constitution. I don't justify my right of center views by any church as there is a seperation of church and state in this country. That and I don't go to church. President Bush is not the "church" by the way and as an American he is entitled to his views. I wouldn't take anyones voice away from them. That pesky liberty thing again.

Comment

Re: she's a nutter. oh, that's just US foreign policy

Originally posted by flamingo
              I read a bit of Kathleen Turners website. She's a racist nutter.
              Sorry to quibble, but do you mean Kathleen Parker, the columnist referenced by Krunky, or do you actually mean the Oscar nominated actress Kathleen Turner? Because if she's a "racist nutter" too then that would rather spoil my enjoyment of Serial Mom.

D...
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by Woody
                President Bush is not the "church" by the way and as an American his intitled to his views.
                Your attempt to make Bush seem less looney and more moderate failed miserably. Next you'll be telling us that Hitler was a vegetarian because he loved animals! :lol:
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I didn't try to make Bush seem less or more anything. I just pointed out that as a christian he has beliefs that infuence his decisions. Don't you have a similar belief system based on what is important to you? Comparing President Bush to Adolf Hitler doesn't help anybodies cause by the way. It just makes people look radical and marginalized.

As for my "failure", I'm well aware that I can't make a liberal like or even think logically when it comes to our President. Fail, no I didn't even try.
                  Now if you don't like to hear views that don't support your belief system, please just say so. I come here because I'm a big fan of the Elric/Eternal Champion series. I read the posts and polls before posting and I'm well aware I'm a minority here. I most certainly don't want to hurt anyones feelings or start an argument. I was just hoping for some open and free debate. Oh well.

Comment

Now if you don't like to hear views that don't support your belief system, please just say so.
                    I love to hear varied views.

Comment

If I can jump in for just a second...

First of all, I think Woody mischaracterized this forum as a place of liberal back slapping. While this thread's title may indicate it, one of our most frequent posters would be shocked to be accused of liberal back slapping (Hi Bill!)

Second, the only reason a Hitler reference should mean anything on this board is because of a lengthy debate on another thread. That's more of an inside joke than an attempt to bring down the level of conversation.

Hopefully, Woody, you stick around, minority view or not. Some of my favorite things to read are informed opinions of any persuasion.

In response to the issue that you raised, what does Teresa Kerry's views (or money) have to do with John Kerry? Sure she's his wife. She admits that she was a Republican until very recently. Is her money qualitiatively different than Cheney's hundreds of millions? Or W's dynastic millions? It seems odd to me that some people imply that millionaires who are attached to liberal causes should feel guilty about their money. More importantly, however, is the implication that a wife can't be anything apart from her husband.

Comment

To be honest I was comparing Bush to Hitler. Aside from the looniness and extremism, they killed a few people along the way.

Comment

Be careful or I may slap your back liberally. :D

Comment

I wasn't aware President Bush has killed anyone. Who did he kill? I know some soldiers have sadly died but those young men and women were killed by enemy combatants. If you know of President Bush sneaking out of the White House and killing people you should alert the authorities. Killing people is wrong. There are days when I wish people lived under Nazi rule so they would understand what horrors were unleashed under Hitler's rule. It wasn't just Jews who suffered under Nazis. Anyone questioning Hitler could expect a late night visit from the Gestapo. I'm a third generation German American by the way and am lucky enough to have talked with people who lived the nightmare. I'm glad my Great Gramps isn't alive to see the trivial use of the horror that was the Third Reich.

Hitler ordered millions of Jews, Gypsies, mentally retarded, and those who just generally disagreed with him murdered. His final solution.

President Bush hasn't ordered any exterminations. He has taken a strong and forceful stand against terrorism. Do you really see any similarities between Hitler and President Bush? He is just cleaning up the mess his dad and Bill Clinton left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody
                              I wasn't aware President Bush has killed anyone. Who did he kill? I know some soldier have sadly died but those young men and women were killed by enemy combatants.
                              Without wishing to nitpick, a fair number of British troops (and journalists) were killed by "friendly fire" rather than enemy combatants. I know that doesn't undermine your main point, but it's always worth remembering.

D...
                              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
                              X