Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

RNC. Dumpster fire, Trump's greatest hits, or both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
    The twenty- four hour global news cycle for the last four years has been from the perspective of this old cat just a little bit too "Meta"(in the idiom of Generation Z) for my psychological comfort : the (un)reality show goes on without pause generating far more heat than light and i suspect that internet 'Silo' keyboard warfare is also pickling a lot of brains across the divides of ideological tribal loyalty.

Perhaps some moment of cultural catharsis lies in the weeks ahead for all of us; i'm banking on The Donald's greatest Dumpster Fire to be the next Big Party event in early November.
    I want to give you much more than one like for this post.

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied
    The twenty- four hour global news cycle for the last four years has been from the perspective of this old cat just a little bit too "Meta"(in the idiom of Generation Z) for my psychological comfort : the (un)reality show goes on without pause generating far more heat than light and i suspect that internet 'Silo' keyboard warfare is also pickling a lot of brains across the divides of ideological tribal loyalty.

Perhaps some moment of cultural catharsis lies in the weeks ahead for all of us; i'm banking on The Donald's greatest Dumpster Fire to be the next Big Party event in early November.
    Last edited by Kymba334; 09-03-2020, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EverKing
    replied
    I honestly didn't pay attention to it at all. Perhaps it is poor citizenship on my part but it held/holds zero interest to me. What few sound-bytes and reactions I've hears so far have simply confirmed what I expected: it was a nationalist, populist, defensive spewing of pro-Trump propaganda.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    started a topic RNC. Dumpster fire, Trump's greatest hits, or both?

RNC. Dumpster fire, Trump's greatest hits, or both?

I'm voting both. I felt like I had to comment on how determined the RNC seems to establish what isn't important in an election. They seem to have ignored racial injustice, the pandemic, and natural disaster. But other than that, they're really engaged with issues that affect people's lives....
Working...
X