Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Kamala Harris as VP candidate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You seem to think you know more Brazilians than the Brazilians I've talked to know. Also, not all of them have left Brazil. Some are, or were, here temporarily. You also seem to think the lot of us support the PT.

I really doubt my economics trained friend supports the PT. While he does not like Bolsonaro, he respects his economy guy, Guedes. Of course I don't know how he'd respond to your latest claims, but he's already mentioned how PT policies did not help when the global economic downturn hit. You, on the other hand, conveniently left out mention of that not so convenient for your argument fact. Moving on, he's a thoughtful, respectful, person. He thinks before he speaks. You, on the other hand, have shown a willingness to blurt out that a thing is "fake news" and later admit you never bothered to spend the 30 seconds with google it would have taken to show you were wrong.

Another person really disliked Bolsonaro, but thought Vice President Mourao was an honourable man who'd keep Bolsonaro from doing anything too awful. Also, definitely did not support the PT.

Yet another had voted conservative in the past, but went with PT because Bolsonaro was worse.

None of them spoke venomously about their political opponents. None used our talks as opportunities to run down large groups of people. None hated the PT and blamed them for all the troubles. None showed the slightest hint of victim or persecution complex. None of them resembled the negative caricatures you trade in.

I also know a number of teachers, from different communities, who've been disturbed, even a bit traumatized, by the desperation of parents in Brazil to keep their kids in Canada on student visas. A fear I've been told has only gotten worse since Bolsonaro took office. In most cases the fear was driven by the kid's sexual orientation and/or race.

You call it bias, maybe it is, but it's learned from past experience engaging with your claims. You've sent me on too many snipe hunts about PT or PC or SJW outrages. I've had to drag sources for your claims out of you, only to find they literally did not support what you claimed.

And there you are with the "at the end of the day" position of far right politics: it's all a conspiracy. Any source anybody finds on google that challenges your views is part of the conspiracy.

Thanks for that, I didn't know the CIA (whose World Factbook entry for Brazil has for years said a PT program "lifted tens of millions out of poverty") was allied with the PT. Their tentacles are, indeed, spectacular.

Now, back to Kamala Harris. I won't speak on this any further.
    Last edited by Heresiologist; 08-14-2020, 02:32 AM.

Comment

The birther attacks have already started on her. And the misogyny. And Trump’s response
      to any strong woman (nasty). Seriously, get a new playbook. Even the red hat base is probably in need of new material to get whipped into a frenzy.

Comment

Hi

In regard to your "friend' you said

One runs a successful business and has a PHD in economics. I think he's much more qualified than Daniel to speak on economic matters and, suffice to say, he really disagrees with Daniel's views. I wish there was a smiley face that could convey the merest iota of the look he once gave me in response to me repeating one of Daniel's claims.
        And later to answer me you claimed:

I really doubt my economics trained friend supports the PT. While he does not like Bolsonaro, he respects his economy guy, Guedes. Of course I don't know how he'd respond to your latest claims, but he's already mentioned how PT policies did not help when the global economic downturn hit. You, on the other hand, conveniently left out mention of that not so convenient for your argument fact.
        Please have more consistency over what you say. You said, your Ph.D. friend according to you disagreed of me that "PT" was really bad for Brazil, but now, well, you changed the perspective a little. It is extremely typical of you to base your more enlighted opinions in your "more advanced knowledged" you claim to have, "your more qualified friends", "your life as a working-class kid" and I enjoy your several levels of sarcasm and irony addressed to me.

I remember that you once told me you were more qualified than Alan Moore to analyze the life and the works of Lovecraft. That is quite a bold statement for me. I may be guilty of many sins, but I hardly manifest such an ego.

Your rebuttal has a premise that I still support Bolsonaro and yet I think I said I don't support him. I also said I made a mistake by trying to defend some of his actions and words especially in regard to gay and women. Let alone this fact, my point has been to explain in a very humble way why I did vote for him. What took me to the extreme of doing it. You, on the other hand, have already convicted me to the limbo typical far-left liberals place people they dislike. Some of them even suggest a "good bullet and a good grave" to them. I think I have mentioned to you Fernando Gabeira, a former liberal senator and journalist, and please read what he says about the whole Bolsonaro event.

You imply that the fact Bolsonaro has been elected would mean that gays and black people would be harmed. Suffice to say, this danger only exists in the heads of the naive.

You seem to have a really good issue with that Steve Bannon episode right? It does not matter I have apologized. I am human. I make mistakes. If that is not sufficient to appease your anger I am afraid I cannot cut off a finger of mine.

I really recommend you to undergo therapy if you are not engaged in them already. I undergo and I admit I have problems. You on the other hand conveniently show immense unresolved issues but I cannot help you resolve them. Your last statement that exposes the fact you are not answering my posts anymore implies your complete lack of the open-mindedness you claim to have

ps:
        Your quote from the CIA is hilarious: This is how Lula took people out of poverty.
        They changed the definition so that the middle-class now refers to people who make R$ 291,00 e R$ 1.019,00 per month. Fine, poverty does not exist anymore.
        "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
        "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
          The birther attacks have already started on her. And the misogyny. And Trump’s response
          to any strong woman (nasty). Seriously, get a new playbook. Even the red hat base is probably in need of new material to get whipped into a frenzy.
          I have a conservative friend who was extremely pissed off because I said I really liked her. He completely "Heresiologist"ed .
          "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
          "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Working...
          X