Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Chaos USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Former President Pumpkinhead admits to being a real Contrary Mary:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...mp-dr-fauci%2F

That's a lot of totally unnecessary death, suffering & grief, for one incontinent a'hole to 'fess up to, just to try and score some cheap points.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    This is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Heresiologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc View Post
    Cynicism personified. He’s a miserable human being. Actually, I might be too generous by including “human” in my description of him.
    By Enlightenment standards, all too human. That's why I'm gonna go beat on his ass, cuz he's definitely not...

touching and tasting and testing everything
    investigating everything
    without benefit of perjury
    a real realist
    with a real tale to tell
    and a real tail to tell it with
    a real live
    barking
    democratic dog
    engaged in real
    free enterprise
    with something to say
    about ontology
    something to say
    about reality
    and how to see it
    and how
    to hear it

Leave a comment:

• EverKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc View Post

Reagan’s presidency should have warned all of us that clowns are still dangerous. Ignorance can be completely weaponized, especially the willful ignorance of your own political convictions. Trump took the shamelessness to an extreme and people are still cheering the illusions they want to believe. Reagan at least had the decency to pretend to appeal to our greatest virtues as he perverted them. Trump intentionally appealed to the worst in us and of us.

The saddest thing is how many people took the bait and are gleefully being dragged to their death. At least they think they got the worm in the process(?).

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
    I'm just interrupting watching Dr Strangelove to inform you that Donald Trump, erstwhile Presi Dent of the United States of America, was channeling General Jack Ripper's speech to his base, with his speech to his terrorists on January the 6th. Have a watch of it, and compare, and ... it's eerie how close he got it. (I'd be saying something about Donald Trump's plagiarism, if it wasn't for the fact that the Third Ronnie, Raygun Himself, thought before he arrived at the White House that Dr Strangelove's War Room actually existed.
    Reagan’s presidency should have warned all of us that clowns are still dangerous. Ignorance can be completely weaponized, especially the willful ignorance of your own political convictions. Trump took the shamelessness to an extreme and people are still cheering the illusions they want to believe. Reagan at least had the decency to pretend to appeal to our greatest virtues as he perverted them. Trump intentionally appealed to the worst in us and of us.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
    You wanna get nuts? C'mon! Let's get nuts...

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...sr-sot-vpx.cnn
    We could have a whole thread on how ridiculous Q is. Another thread on how ridiculous its followers are. Such a willful delusion. Twist all logic to believe a set of “prophesies” spelled out in questionable interpretation of random posts on fringe sites, and completely disregard reason to make logical leaps that require complete suspension of objective reality. Ignore any and all contradictory evidence (especially the most obvious evidence). Then become evangelical about your new crusade. Lose friends and family. Find a way to not feel stupid when no prophesies come to fruition. Then find a way to further twist reason and reality to reinterpret all of it to suit the present.

Did I miss anything?

Leave a comment:

• In_Loos_Ptokai
    replied
    I'm just interrupting watching Dr Strangelove to inform you that Donald Trump, erstwhile Presi Dent of the United States of America, was channeling General Jack Ripper's speech to his base, with his speech to his terrorists on January the 6th. Have a watch of it, and compare, and ... it's eerie how close he got it. (I'd be saying something about Donald Trump's plagiarism, if it wasn't for the fact that the Third Ronnie, Raygun Himself, thought before he arrived at the White House that Dr Strangelove's War Room actually existed.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    You wanna get nuts? C'mon! Let's get nuts...

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...sr-sot-vpx.cnn

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Cynicism personified. He’s a miserable human being. Actually, I might be too generous by including “human” in my description of him.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Straight from the horse's ass:

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Thanos Shadowsage View Post
    I just want to go back to the days when I was disappointed in my country and not terrified.
    Absolutely. Wasted potential is one thing. An aggressive race to the bottom is another thing entirely.

Leave a comment:

• In_Loos_Ptokai
    replied
    I just realized something - Donald Trump, erstwhile Presi Dent of the United States of America - Dent as in the late Arthur Dent, Dent as in Panel-Beaters' Delight - is Baron Captain Armiad-naam-Sliforg-ig-Vortan in modern dress. Once more Mike hits the nail on the head ....

Leave a comment:

• Thanos Shadowsage
    replied
    I just want to go back to the days when I was disappointed in my country and not terrified.

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied
    According to Stephen Colbert: DT's main defense lawyer for his impeachment trial; one Bruce Castor should be considered less competent than the meme gone viral Lawyer Cat Rod Ponton!

All in all that sounds like a reasonable proposition to me!
    🙂

Late Show link : https://youtu.be/ZvQdBbTBhYQ
    Last edited by Kymba334; 02-13-2021, 03:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• In_Loos_Ptokai
    replied
    Oh well, there is a parody of Gilbert & Sullivan's Modern Major-General Song specifically aimed at Trump:
    Randy Rainbow Goes All ‘Pirates Of Penzance’ On Trump’s Putin Loyalty

We may as well enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X