Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Chaos USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
    Whatever next? I wonder how far down that rabbit hole they could be persuaded to go? Donald J Trump, Emperor of ... ? The Trigan Empire? Poictesme? Ruritania? (I'm sure we could come up with something suitable for a man of his talents without too much trouble, with the aid of Rupert of Hentzau, of course ....
    For a significant number of the faithful, it seems best to assume there is no bottom. And no need for the suspect imaginings of literary degenerates like Cabell when some meme makers have already declared the man God Emperor.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

For a significant number of the faithful, it seems best to assume there is no bottom. And no need for the suspect imaginings of literary degenerates like Cabell when some meme makers have already declared the man God Emperor.
      Methinks there's a desperate need for some comedian or comedienne to take that and run with it. After all, he has already established the framework for treating his administration and his supporters as the jokes they had made themselves to be.
      sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
      And incense the power of man with God
      But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
      And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
      by Peter Cape

Comment

Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
        Methinks there's a desperate need for some comedian or comedienne to take that and run with it...
        Not a comedian, but how about a guest appearance by Conan's sword?

Comment

Oh well, there is a parody of Gilbert & Sullivan's Modern Major-General Song specifically aimed at Trump:
          Randy Rainbow Goes All ‘Pirates Of Penzance’ On Trump’s Putin Loyalty

We may as well enjoy it.
          sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Nativity,
          by Peter Cape

Comment

According to Stephen Colbert: DT's main defense lawyer for his impeachment trial; one Bruce Castor should be considered less competent than the meme gone viral Lawyer Cat Rod Ponton!

All in all that sounds like a reasonable proposition to me!
            🙂

Late Show link : https://youtu.be/ZvQdBbTBhYQ
            Last edited by Kymba334; 02-13-2021, 04:42 AM.
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

I just want to go back to the days when I was disappointed in my country and not terrified.

Comment

I just realized something - Donald Trump, erstwhile Presi Dent of the United States of America - Dent as in the late Arthur Dent, Dent as in Panel-Beaters' Delight - is Baron Captain Armiad-naam-Sliforg-ig-Vortan in modern dress. Once more Mike hits the nail on the head ....

Nativity,
                by Peter Cape

Comment

Originally posted by Thanos Shadowsage View Post
                  I just want to go back to the days when I was disappointed in my country and not terrified.
                  Absolutely. Wasted potential is one thing. An aggressive race to the bottom is another thing entirely.

Comment

Working...
                  X