Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Chaos USA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Heresiologist
    Mothra Worshipper
    • Jan 2012
    • 986

    #46
    Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
    Whatever next? I wonder how far down that rabbit hole they could be persuaded to go? Donald J Trump, Emperor of ... ? The Trigan Empire? Poictesme? Ruritania? (I'm sure we could come up with something suitable for a man of his talents without too much trouble, with the aid of Rupert of Hentzau, of course ....
    For a significant number of the faithful, it seems best to assume there is no bottom. And no need for the suspect imaginings of literary degenerates like Cabell when some meme makers have already declared the man God Emperor.

    Comment

    • In_Loos_Ptokai
      Abrogate all rituals
      • Apr 2007
      • 803

      #47
      Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

      For a significant number of the faithful, it seems best to assume there is no bottom. And no need for the suspect imaginings of literary degenerates like Cabell when some meme makers have already declared the man God Emperor.
      Methinks there's a desperate need for some comedian or comedienne to take that and run with it. After all, he has already established the framework for treating his administration and his supporters as the jokes they had made themselves to be.
      sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

      Gold is the power of a man with a man
      And incense the power of man with God
      But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
      And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

      Nativity,
      by Peter Cape

      Comment

      • Heresiologist
        Mothra Worshipper
        • Jan 2012
        • 986

        #48
        Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
        Methinks there's a desperate need for some comedian or comedienne to take that and run with it...
        Not a comedian, but how about a guest appearance by Conan's sword?

        Comment

        • In_Loos_Ptokai
          Abrogate all rituals
          • Apr 2007
          • 803

          #49
          Oh well, there is a parody of Gilbert & Sullivan's Modern Major-General Song specifically aimed at Trump:
          Randy Rainbow Goes All ‘Pirates Of Penzance’ On Trump’s Putin Loyalty

          We may as well enjoy it.
          sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

          Gold is the power of a man with a man
          And incense the power of man with God
          But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
          And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

          Nativity,
          by Peter Cape

          Comment

          • Kymba334
            Eternal Champion
            • Jun 2011
            • 3154

            #50
            According to Stephen Colbert: DT's main defense lawyer for his impeachment trial; one Bruce Castor should be considered less competent than the meme gone viral Lawyer Cat Rod Ponton!

            All in all that sounds like a reasonable proposition to me!
            🙂

            Late Show link : https://youtu.be/ZvQdBbTBhYQ
            Last edited by Kymba334; 02-13-2021, 03:42 AM.
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

            The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

            Comment

            • Thanos Shadowsage
              Nomad of the Time Streams
              • Aug 2020
              • 26

              #51
              I just want to go back to the days when I was disappointed in my country and not terrified.

              Comment

              • In_Loos_Ptokai
                Abrogate all rituals
                • Apr 2007
                • 803

                #52
                I just realized something - Donald Trump, erstwhile Presi Dent of the United States of America - Dent as in the late Arthur Dent, Dent as in Panel-Beaters' Delight - is Baron Captain Armiad-naam-Sliforg-ig-Vortan in modern dress. Once more Mike hits the nail on the head ....
                sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

                Gold is the power of a man with a man
                And incense the power of man with God
                But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

                Nativity,
                by Peter Cape

                Comment

                • Doc
                  Doc
                  Eternal Champion
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 3630

                  #53
                  Originally posted by Thanos Shadowsage View Post
                  I just want to go back to the days when I was disappointed in my country and not terrified.
                  Absolutely. Wasted potential is one thing. An aggressive race to the bottom is another thing entirely.

                  Comment

                  • Pietro_Mercurios
                    Eternal Champion
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 5769

                    #54
                    Straight from the horse's ass:

                    Comment

                    • Doc
                      Doc
                      Eternal Champion
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 3630

                      #55
                      Cynicism personified. He’s a miserable human being. Actually, I might be too generous by including “human” in my description of him.

                      Comment

                      • Pietro_Mercurios
                        Eternal Champion
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 5769

                        #56
                        You wanna get nuts? C'mon! Let's get nuts...

                        https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...sr-sot-vpx.cnn

                        Comment

                        • In_Loos_Ptokai
                          Abrogate all rituals
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 803

                          #57
                          I'm just interrupting watching Dr Strangelove to inform you that Donald Trump, erstwhile Presi Dent of the United States of America, was channeling General Jack Ripper's speech to his base, with his speech to his terrorists on January the 6th. Have a watch of it, and compare, and ... it's eerie how close he got it. (I'd be saying something about Donald Trump's plagiarism, if it wasn't for the fact that the Third Ronnie, Raygun Himself, thought before he arrived at the White House that Dr Strangelove's War Room actually existed.
                          sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

                          Gold is the power of a man with a man
                          And incense the power of man with God
                          But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                          And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

                          Nativity,
                          by Peter Cape

                          Comment

                          • Doc
                            Doc
                            Eternal Champion
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 3630

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                            You wanna get nuts? C'mon! Let's get nuts...

                            https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...sr-sot-vpx.cnn
                            We could have a whole thread on how ridiculous Q is. Another thread on how ridiculous its followers are. Such a willful delusion. Twist all logic to believe a set of “prophesies” spelled out in questionable interpretation of random posts on fringe sites, and completely disregard reason to make logical leaps that require complete suspension of objective reality. Ignore any and all contradictory evidence (especially the most obvious evidence). Then become evangelical about your new crusade. Lose friends and family. Find a way to not feel stupid when no prophesies come to fruition. Then find a way to further twist reason and reality to reinterpret all of it to suit the present.

                            Did I miss anything?

                            Comment

                            • Doc
                              Doc
                              Eternal Champion
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 3630

                              #59
                              Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post
                              I'm just interrupting watching Dr Strangelove to inform you that Donald Trump, erstwhile Presi Dent of the United States of America, was channeling General Jack Ripper's speech to his base, with his speech to his terrorists on January the 6th. Have a watch of it, and compare, and ... it's eerie how close he got it. (I'd be saying something about Donald Trump's plagiarism, if it wasn't for the fact that the Third Ronnie, Raygun Himself, thought before he arrived at the White House that Dr Strangelove's War Room actually existed.
                              Reagan’s presidency should have warned all of us that clowns are still dangerous. Ignorance can be completely weaponized, especially the willful ignorance of your own political convictions. Trump took the shamelessness to an extreme and people are still cheering the illusions they want to believe. Reagan at least had the decency to pretend to appeal to our greatest virtues as he perverted them. Trump intentionally appealed to the worst in us and of us.



                              Comment

                              • EverKing
                                Eternal Companion
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 936

                                #60
                                Originally posted by Doc View Post

                                Reagan’s presidency should have warned all of us that clowns are still dangerous. Ignorance can be completely weaponized, especially the willful ignorance of your own political convictions. Trump took the shamelessness to an extreme and people are still cheering the illusions they want to believe. Reagan at least had the decency to pretend to appeal to our greatest virtues as he perverted them. Trump intentionally appealed to the worst in us and of us.


                                The saddest thing is how many people took the bait and are gleefully being dragged to their death. At least they think they got the worm in the process(?).
                                "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                                --Thomas a Kempis

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X