Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Rounders And The 2nd Chance Pedophile Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rounders And The 2nd Chance Pedophile Law

Peter Whitmore a 35 year old repeat offender was arrested yesterday. He kidnapped 10yr old Zachary Miller (missing since July 30) and 14yr old Jordan Bruyere (missing since July 22) and had them in his custody until yesterday afternoon. The physical condition of the boys hasnt been released yet other than the fact that they are both alive. It was sheer luck and coincidence that Pat Beaujot found Whitmores van in a garage on a deserted farm in Saskatchewan. Habitual pedophiles should not be allowed back into public as this incident has well proven.
    In prison, Peter Whitmore told officials, he fantasized every day about sex with young boys. Psychiatrists who were alarmed by his perversions regarded him as a "100 per cent" certitude to reoffend.
    He once set up a babysitting business called Child Protection Services, so as to gain the trust of families and then assault their children. Years later, police found him with a "rape kit" containing handcuffs, duct tape and lubricant.

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/new...OPHILE-COL.XML
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/am...a.standoff.ap/
    I cant even begin to imagine how Zach and Jordan's parents feel aside from being incredibly relieved. The current laws arent cutting it and until they change we'll be reading more articles such as this.

http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/ne...ntent=n080269A

Chemical or physical castration hasnt had any success as a deterrent since pedophillia is a disease of the mind, not the body and it doesnt help to quench their perverted desires. They cant subject Whitmore to the death penalty (not legal in Canada) since molestation causes more psychological damage than life threatening physical harm. Im afraid that we the taxpayers will have to accept the financial burden and support his lifetime of incarceration in order to protect our children.

The world of pedophiles has declared June 22 I.nternational B.oy L.ove D.ay.
    Join us in protesting pedophiles' International BoyLove Day:
    IBLD.
    Pedophiles (worldwide) celebrate their "love" of children with proclamations and by lighting blue candles on June 22. Some do it in public places, and others, in private.
    To learn more, please visit these non-pedophile pages and read about IBLD:
    http://www.thecpac.com/protest/1.htm
    Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 08-02-2006, 04:03 PM.

Scientists say it’s difficult to rehabilitate known pedophiles, since their penchant for children comes to them naturally, in the same way heterosexual adults are attracted to the opposite sex, making them likely candidates for re-offending.
    http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/519817.html

There does need to be a public awareness in regards to the whereabouts of such vermin. It is the duty of the government to notify us of the location of such people.

Comment

I agree, the problem is once this is done, they tend to go underground.

Comment

Its more than obvious that these people cant help themselves, but on the same breath why should our children be sacrificial playtoys for their brief moment of physical satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
          Its more than obvious that these people cant help themselves, but on the same breath why should our children be sacrificial playtoys for their brief moment of physical satisfaction.
          I'm not so sure. While I won't deny that these people are out there and certainly do pose a threat to public safety and the safety of children - they are in a relative minority of criminals and criminal behaviour.

Correct me I'm wrong but there have been studies that show that women have a disproportionate fear of being sexually assaulted and raped than is actually statistically likely. The majority of victims of violent crime are men and either involve alcohol related violence or street robbery. The likelihood of being sexually assaulted and raped is tiny compared to the likes of being simply robbed or beaten up.

In this regard, the media fuels people's fears by making them think that there is more crime than there actually is - and actually distorts the real picture of criminal behaviour on a national level. All these stories you see about 25% increases in violent crime in London, for example do not amount to a significant number of actual incidents (in real terms).

When you consider that I honestly wonder in whether it is really in our interests to know where sexual offenders are living (considering also that an 18 Y/O can be put on a sexual offenders for having sex with his 15 Y/O girlfriend, not to mention someone caught urinating or exposing themselves on the street).

I think that pedophiles do not represent the greatest danger to society when compared with the likes of drug dealers, robbers, burglars etc (not of course that those crimes are comparable to pedophilia - just that they are more likely to take place).

I think pedophilia is also in a relative minority in terms of mental illnesses that represent a public threat, and I think you'll find that undiagnosed/unmedicated schizophrenics, for example, are rather more dangerous than pedophiles. Yet noone is demanding to know where they are….

It's a false sense of security IMO.
          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

You are referring to potential first time offenders. What about the repeat, habitual pedophiles that waft through the judicial system, constantly fantasizing about their past and future exploits? It seems like its the only thing that people such as Peter Whitmore live for as they sit biding their time in jail.There should be much stricter sentences imposed on the repeat offenders than current laws provide.

Comment

I agree - but the same could (and should) be said about almost any class of criminal with a history of repeat offending.

I'm just not sure why we single out one minority class of a class of crime that is itself in a minority in the overall picture of violent crime, when there are other, more dangerous (and more numerous) people out there. Why is noone demanding to know where they are?

What I'm saying is - Pedophilia is a textbook moral panic. People worry inordinately about it when the likelihood of your child falling victim to it is disportionately low. You are more likely to be car-jacked than to have your child be abducted and abused by one of these people.
              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

I believe that pedophillia is just now getting the exposure that it deserves. How many hush-hush sexual endeavours involving children went on behind barns and woodsheds say 50 years ago? I know way more information than I would ever care to divulge regarding child abuse by men that are now in their seventies and eighties. It was taboo to mention such things a generation ago, for fear of a severe beating.

Comment

I agree it is a heinous crime that deserves an appropriately severe sentence, certainly for re-offenders.

I'm still unsure why it is worthy of being singled out for this kind of legislation when general sexual assault and rape is far more prevalent (but still in a relative minority compared with other types of violent crime) and has a lower chance of conviction.

In any case, if you believe the pathology there are several different class of pedophile - some more aggressive and dangerous than others. I'm of the belief that singling people out and painting them with a badge of shame (the badge of "deviant") makes reoffending more likely, because it creates a social stigma towards that person that is impossible to get beyond, no matter how much time goes by.

Comment

The majority of species on Earth protect their offspring. The day that we stop protecting ours will be a degenerating step for mankind. I guess it is the defenselessness of children that makes these crimes so appalling.The psychological damage inflicted upon people that were molested during their youth is with them for good. Some dont seem to get a fair chance in life, and it makes you wonder how they would have turned out by not having been a victim of violence at an early age.

Comment

Again I agree - I just see a double standard in applying specific 'finger pointing' legislation towards one specific group of criminals (or of the mentally ill - however you class the crime), while not doing the same for other classes of criminal behaviour that are just as damaging.

Comment

Maybe a restoration of the old Witch Hunt techniques are called for in this instance. I understand your branding observation as it does seem cruel, but Im curious as to how much guilt, concern or remorse a man such as Whitmore feels for his 10 year old victim during the process of rape.

Comment

Probably none. Or rather I should say, about as much as any other criminal who violates his victims rights. Rape, robbery, assault - they're all traumatic.

Comment

I understand your meaning in not prioritizing crimes or victims, but we're talking about children. There should be some sort of unwritten rule between us as parents to protect our children which in turn will help to protect the future. Im not saying that euthanasia is a solution but the known pedophiles should be kept off of the streets. I cant even imagine what my reaction would be if a situation similar to the one that just played out in Saskatchewan happened to one of my own.

Comment

Hmm. Now I live near the site of the infamous News of the World inspired "p*edophile riot" of exactly six years ago, where a paediatrician(!) was hounded out of her home by outraged and illiterate parents. Now, does anyone here seriously want a witch hunt? Do you want to see these type of scenes in your street?

It is somehow not surprising, by the way, and I have it from a reliable source, that the ringleaders of these 'protests' had children on the 'at risk' register. On a similar note, it is interesting that the N*zis behind the Redwatch website, designed to target and intimidate anti-racist activists, also run a parallel site called Noncewatch to identify alleged sex offenders.

Now, I don't have the answers about how to deal with these people. I understand from my colleagues in the Probation Service that the chief problem is that many of them are unable to acknowledge that they are doing anything wrong. And of course there are some serious fucked up evil bastards who should be removed from society for good. Some of these are no doubt good at going through the rehabilitation motions to get released back into the community.

If you look at sentencing policy, you can see that the State views crimes against property as worse than crimes against the person.

All these things are true, but I must say, looking at the tone of some of the posts here, good people are in danger of finding themselves in some very bad company indeed.

Or maybe I'm just a mushy liberal after all...
                              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
                              X