Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Censure Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censure Bush

In an attempt to escape responsibility for the misleading statements that led the nation to war, President Bush has announced plans to form an independent inquiry to look into what went wrong. An inquiry would serve the Bush administration well: it would envelop the issue in a fog of uncertainty, deflect blame onto the intelligence services, and push any political damage into 2005, after the upcoming election. But the facts need no clarification. Despite repeated warnings from the CIA and Defense Intelligence Agency, President Bush and his administration hyped and distorted the threat that Iraq posed. And now that reality is setting in, the President seeks to pin the blame on someone else. We can't let him. Congress has the power to censure the President -- to formally reprimand him for his betrayal of the nation's trust. If ever there was a time to use this function, it is now.

Join the call for Congress to censure President Bush now at: http://www.moveon.org/censure/?id=-2...7xPcmLSBhqe5jA
    \"Cheer up, Frank. It\'s not the end of the world.\"
    (Moorcock, The English Assassin)

Yeah I hear he has the same group investigating that did such a conclusive job on the whole JFK thing. At least we know we'll get answers!
    [/sarcasm]

Comment

Activism

I'm not usually what anyone could call an activist... but I'm definately in full support of this movement. Seriously, how could this moron have been elected? Where's Ross Perot?!?! He's looking better and better as the days go by. heh heh

Thanos

Comment

Not to interupt the flow but, I really do not understand how the American people let the election recount fiasco slide. I am no expert on the law, however I still cannot believe we did not demand a re-election. Why didn't we just scrap those votes and send everyone back to the polls? I am still convinced he did not win that "election".
        Also, other than the petition, is there anything else i can do concerning the censure issue?
        We must nail this rat-bastard for his administration's crimes against humanity.
        "But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepard."

Comment

What's the feeling over there in the States? Will Bush be re-elected or not?

In the UK and Europe we've never much liked him but It's hard for me to get a feeling of the way the wind blows in America. Are most people realsing he was a mistake now?

Comment

Blue - right with you, Baby!

Guest - the money is on his side...I don't personally know any more than a mere handful of people that might vote for him though. Personally, I active dislike the man. If Junior never woke up again, I'd wear a big smile. That said, he's just a symptom of the real problems in the U.S. I suppose I shouldn't wish death upon him, but what the hell - it's not like he's doing our troops any favors in Iraq and hundreds have died in Junior's place already; as well as thousands of Iraqis besides. I do personally blame Junior for the war and occupation of Iraq. I do also think he is guilty of "high crime and misdemeanors" and also "crimes against humanity." I'd like to see him impeached (or at least lose the reelection), and possibly before an international war crimes tribunal.

Hey, if they can do it to Noriega and Pinoche, Junior is ripe for a legal ass-fucking too. Blair should probably be standing beside him.

Comment

Bush is understood by all to be a buffoon. His administration appear to be everyone's parents and I feel that all the people inn my local physical are like being coddled.

I will vote against him. I am afraid that my vote will be wasted.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I consider his signing of the controversial UVVA law a real show of confidence in his chances to continue his rule of America for another 4 horror filled years. We had better be on the ball if we have any hopes of shutting the beast out. I try to educate myself, to spread news to my friends who are not paying attention, sign petitions and attend protests. I did not and will not vote for this thing. I believe this is our last shot at maintaining any sort of control over our government. Would we even have any human rights left at the end of another term of Bush the Cowboy ruler?
                Krunk, I gotta love that avatar baby!

Comment

Blue, your avatar is almost identical to the one I was using a few weeks back. Maybe we are all of us Elric when we arrive here...

Comment

K-
                    And here I was feeling all retro-rebellious with my Cawthorne pic.

Comment

"Bush is understood by all to be a buffoon. "

Except, presumeably, by the 51% of Americans expected to vote for him in November, according to a recent CNN poll. That's only roughly 137 million people.

Guest, rightly or wrongly I am not saying, but understand that this is quite an anti-conservative representation both here at the site in general and specifically in response to your question. In fairness, the jury is still out as to whether those in favor of Bush are Pro-Bush or Anti-Massachusetts-Limosine-Liberalism, I mean, Anti-Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                        "Bush is understood by all to be a buffoon. "

Except, presumeably, by the 51% of Americans expected to vote for him in November, according to a recent CNN poll. That's only roughly 137 million people.

Guest, rightly or wrongly I am not saying, but understand that this is quite an anti-conservative representation both here at the site in general and specifically in response to your question. In fairness, the jury is still out as to whether those in favor of Bush are Pro-Bush or Anti-Massachusetts-Limosine-Liberalism, I mean, Anti-Kerry.
                        I'd like to substitute the word dinosaurs in place of "people."
                        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

That number will be wrong because many, many americans do not vote.

It is said that when Republicans are angry at or disappointed with their man, they simply do not vote rather than vote in the opposition's candidate.

We need to get that "Don't Vote!" message out there...

Comment

"That number will be wrong because many, many americans do not vote."

True; it was an application of 51% to the entire population. If the turn out is consistent with 2000, it will be more like 50 million.

"We need to get that "Don't Vote!" message out there..."

Can I take credit for the suggestion?

"I'd like to substitute the word dinosaurs in place of "people.""

Boy, that is open-minded and compassionate. "Someone doesn't agree with my agenda, they can't even be PEOPLE." Does that remind you of anyone?

Comment

:lol:
                              Marie Osmond: "I'm a little bit Country."

Donny Osmond: "Well I'm a little bit Rock n' Roll"

Jerico: ::shoots Donny and Marie (especially because of her
                              plastic surgery alien face now)::
                              "Well I'm a little bit of evil!" :twisted:

Nah. Not agenda. Just humor!
                              There's such a thing as "not your kind of humor!"
                              :lol:
                              \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                              Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
                              X