Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Christianity is hopelessly antiquated, says Danish right-wing politician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianity is hopelessly antiquated, says Danish right-wing politician

"Christianity is hopelessly antiquated..." said Jesper Langballe on the news program "Deadline" on public-service station DR2 tonight. I wonder if a few of his voters or parishoners might not lift an eyebrow at that remark.

So... you might think that Langballe was wanting to wash out silly moral rules usually put to them with out them (or anybody else) understanding why? Nope. But in the end, Langballe was saying that it's not a matter of culture, morals or principles, that it's all a matter of National Egos.

Cousin 2 (Langballe) and Cousin 1 (Langballe's cousin) are known as the intellectual ideologists of Dansk Folkeparti (intellectual because they've been educated to be vicars). And now the right word suddenly occurred to me: The Nategos. You'll be reading about them in a future History of Europe. Maybe under another name, but you'll read about them.
    "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Originally posted by Jagged
    "Christianity is hopelessly antiquated..." said Jesper Langballe on the news program "Deadline" on public-service station DR2 tonight. I wonder if a few of his voters or parishoners might not lift an eyebrow at that remark.

So... you might think that Langballe was wanting to wash out silly moral rules usually put to them with out them (or anybody else) understanding why? Nope. But in the end, Langballe was saying that it's not a matter of culture, morals or principles, that it's all a matter of National Egos.

Cousin 2 (Langballe) and Cousin 1 (Langballe's cousin) are known as the intellectual ideologists of Dansk Folkeparti (intellectual because they've been educated to be vicars). And now the right word suddenly occurred to me: The Nategos. You'll be reading about them in a future History of Europe. Maybe under another name, but you'll read about them.
    There's a lot of 'egotisation' going on today. And something called "Positive Nationalism" which I falied to fathom. But I don't really understand your argument. Please be more specific.

BTW hows the 'Flexicurity' thing going in denmark btw? Is it working? What do the workers say?

Comment

"National egos"???!! Has the collective unconscious become conscious then? (Some of Jung's ideas were a tad, erm, dodgy, but this takes the biscuit).

Probably true in the sense that psychobabble is the new religion, though...
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

"Christianity is hopelessly antiquated...", is that really new? And so what? Radio is also hopelessly antiquated, but I love it.
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger
          "Christianity is hopelessly antiquated...", is that really new? And so what? Radio is also hopelessly antiquated, but I love it.
          In live-time or podcasts?
          \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
          X