Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Earth City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth City

It is time for everyone to post their true opinions in regards to the president of the US.It was George Bush's birthday today and he met with Canadian Prime Minister Harper to celebrate.The recent actions of North Korea have obviously created concerns throughout the world.Harper and Bush met to portray a publicized alliance reaffirming the NORAD agreement and to try and arrange a Ballistic Missile Defence system that would include the Canadian Armed Forces.I dont know what actions George Bush should take at present,but am interested in the opinions of others.

Regarding North Korea and Iran, i would not like to be in the shoes of Bush.

North Korea has the nuclear wapon, and his paranoïds leaders would use it if necessary.

The irakian and north korean lesson for Iran is that if you have the nuclear weapon, the U.S. army will not invade you.

I am afraid there is not a good solution.

Comment

Nintendo Subtly Slams Bush On His Birthday

I am so proud of my former employer, Nintendo. They sent President Bush a birthday gift yesterday which consisted of a DS Lite and the game (get this) Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day. The scoop is here.

The game essentially quizzes you and then gives you your "Brain Age" (which is basically a dumbed-down way of saying "Intelligence Quotient"). The letter Nintendo included said the game was designed to "keep your mind sharp" but we know what they really meant.

With so many of Bush's gifts being blatant ass-kissing gestures, it's nice to see a company directly attack his intelligence in a way he's probably too obtuse to even get

I put this here in Reasoned Debate because it is potentially volatile, should a Bush-lover pop in and read it. I don't really expect any debate over it, but one never knows.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

In my opinion, Nintendo did not realize .......

This ceremony reminds me of the soviet people celebrating the aniversary of the little father ...... but i am very prejudiced against all forms of idolatry.

Comment

Not a Bush lover, but I actually have that game. It's pretty fun! The wife is obsessed with it.
          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

There are 2 George Bush threads posted at present, why not amalgamate them into one?
            Im curious as to how many people believe that the US president actually speaks of his own accord?There is Congress, Senate, Secretary of Defence, Secretary of State, Secretary of Secretary...etc.etc.Does anyone actually believe that GWB absorbs all the problems of the world and solely deals with them independantly and writes his own speeches on top of all that?
            I would say that GWB is the WORLDS PINATA.Hes like a shooting gallery target at a carnival. No one man has ever solely ran the U.S.A. Bush announced yesterday that the US is thinking of stepping up the Canadian border security even more.There are already concerns about the negative Trade impacts that will be created by such a move. I hope it is just a ploy to hurry Canada into the BMD agreement. A pre-emptive missile program (such as Star Wars) isnt such a bad idea, as long as they can detonate enemy weaponry a safe distance away from populated areas.
            Ive read a lot of intelligent opinions on this site, and am curious as to other peoples views in this matter.

These "toys" are on the internet. I find them to be disrespectful, but humor has strange ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
              In my opinion, Nintendo did not realize...
              You may be right, but I like to believe they meant to slam him. Of all the games to send him, I think it's at least humorous that they decided upon a game meant to help increase his intelligence.

Originally posted by devilchicken
              I actually have that game. It's pretty fun! The wife is obsessed with it.
              I'm sure it's a blast. Nintendo is talented that way. I'm sure, however, that it is different for an idiot like Bush. He might find it not so much fun when he finds out what his brain score is. Does the score go into negative numbers?

Comment

a leader, the chief executive of a firm, the president of a country, does not decide alone .... that is true. He does not decide everything, yet true.

But on issues he deems important, he has the last word.

Hhe chooses his concilliors and it is his responsability. In last resort he is the man responsible for the choices he makes.

is Bush worth of respect ? Idon' t know.

From my point of view, his scoring as president of the united states is a failure.

The worst is the lying about IraK !

Comment

Does anyone know for sure that GB makes the final decisions, and rubber stamps all the political matters involving the US? I find it hard to believe that one man could solely bear such a responsibility.Is he just a figurehead that puppeteers animate for global productions?
                  Where is all this going? At the present rate of population growth,how long will it be before the entire globe is inhabited by people? One massive city spanning from pole to pole. The Space Programs are already searching for other planets that will support human life. Will the earth become one massive concrete encased, skyscraper infested city and if so where will the commodities necessary for human sustenance be obtained.
                  Something for our childrens,childrens, children to worry about?

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                    Does anyone actually believe that GWB absorbs all the problems of the world and solely deals with them independantly and writes his own speeches on top of all that?
                    I'll let him speak for himself here.

"People make suggestions on what to say all the time... I don't read what's handed to me."
                    -- George W Bush, March 15, 2000 to the New York Times

"I mean, I read the newspaper. I mean, I can tell you what the headlines are. I must confess, if I think the story is, like, not a fair appraisal, I'll move on. But I know what the story's about."
                    -- George W Bush, Dec. 12, 2005

As Morgan Kane says, he makes the biggest decisions in the world. How sad that he's so utterly clueless.

The face looks Photoshopped on...

These "toys" are on the internet. I find them to be disrespectful...
                    Yeah, they're disrespectful, and that's fantastic!!! The man deserves no respect. He deserves to be beaten open with sticks, though, I'll agree.
                    Last edited by PsychicWarVeteran; 07-07-2006, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know for sure that GB makes the final decisions, and rubber stamps all the political matters involving the US? I find it hard to believe that one man could solely bear such a responsibility.Is he just a figurehead that puppeteers animate for global productions?
                      Where is all this going? At the present rate of population growth,how long will it be before the entire globe is inhabited by people? One massive city spanning from pole to pole. The Space Programs are already searching for other planets that will support human life. Will the earth become one massive concrete encased, skyscraper infested city and if so where will the commodities necessary for human sustenance be obtained.
                      Something for our childrens,childrens, children to worry about?
                      Not all political matters and decisions but the most important ones. He signs dozen of papers every day and does not read each of them . But the decisons to make war on Irak, to help the cotton producers, etc are his decisions.

Don' t be afraid to see the world become a massive concrete city, our population will collapse before ..... ( see "Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Diamond ... : http://www.climateark.org/articles/r...p?linkid=38332)

Comment

PWV Wrote
                        He deserves to be beaten open with sticks, though, I'll agree.
                        Its a pity to see a man representing so many people, hated by the same, without impeachment. Cest la vie.

Comment

My two cents--

He is both puppet and puppet master. He has has ultimate authority, particularly when the other branches of government put party ahead of duty. However, he is beholden to too many people, particularly special interests like oil, which keep him from doing anything he wants. More importantly, he is so hands-off with many things, letting others do his work, that it is almost shocking when he takes a stand on something relatively mundane.

Perhaps the best example of all of his contradictions was in his ill-fated Supreme Court nomination of his personal counsel.

He is a cowboy. In the worst way. Take glory. Act tough. Deny responsibility when it doesn't play well or jurts your cowboy image. Yee haw!

Comment

I think there's a range of 20 to 60 something.

Another one at the big man's expense:

http://www.funlol.com/funpages/behind-bushs-back.html
                            Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

This excerpt is from Jim Lascko of Ohio.
                              "Our Descent into Madness"
                              James L. Lascko
                              http://www.Strange-Trips.com
                              On this July 3rd - the eve of the celebration of our country's birth - it would be much more appropriate for us to be mourning the "Death of America" at the hands of the greedy and brutal Bush administration rather than attempting to celebrate the actual principles and high ideals that helped give birth to the bold experiment of a democratic republic governed "by the people for the people".

Our firework celebrations should be solemn this year rather than merry! Any thinking person will realize that the celebratory explosions are merely echoing the lethal bombs going off around the world as the Bush administration attempts to shove its greedy, ill conceived, and short sighted policies down the throats of resisting people worldwide at the point of the world's largest gun.

GONE is diplomacy... GONE is reason... GONE are the very ideals that once made America the beacon of freedom and hope for ALL the oppressed people of this world.

It has been replaced with unparalleled corporate greed, crushing governmental corruption, and incredibly ignorant and heavy handed arrogance on the part of America's so called leaders as they strip away our rightful heritage - and our future - along with our basic civil rights.

The last time these things were witnessed on such a massive scale was in Nazi Germany at the beginning of World War II when mindless and slavish obedience to the German's "State Policy" trumped any thought of Human Rights or Dignity! It took most of the world allied together to beat back the threat that was posed by Nazi Germany as their totalitarian regime waged a war of aggression on country after country after country.

The stakes have only gone up over time simply because there are more people living in this world with constantly shrinking resources to go around. Our new technology has enslaved us, not freed us!

It has increased the danger to peace loving people everywhere with its computerized high tech weaponry of planes, smart bombs, missiles, drones, etc. all controlled by governmentally brainwashed "do-anything-for-a-buck-plus-benefits" people sitting in front of monitor screens and likening their sterile actions to playing a video game... rather than actually killing people by the tens of thousands with just a push of a button mounted on a joystick!

Can anyone now doubt that conditioning our youth to electronic games and video screens over the last 20 years was for any other reason?

On this 4th of July people need to sit down and watch the movie "Schindler's List" to remind themselves of just what happens when greedy and small minded megalomaniacs run the government with no opposition at all from their people - when "The Law" is only what THEY say it is!

There are what's known as the "Laws of God", "Laws of Nature", and "Laws of Man"... and the United States of America has been violating them all for years with absolute impunity!

When will a "Summit of Civilized Nations" be called forth in order to address the problem of the United States of America running wild throughout the world - just as we once needed to band together in order to fight the threat of a rising Nazi Germany?

Eisenhower warned us about this very moment in his farewell speech of 1961 when he said...

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military/industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together". - Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

And from someone else who knew firsthand...

"Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is a merger of state and corporate power". - Benito Mussolini

The time is here.. the time is now!

Stand up for what America is supposed to be about and let the sound of freedom, not oppression, ring across our land.
                              This is the opinion of J.L.

Comment

Working...
                              X