Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I HATE XMAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twenty8twelve

Anyway, my suggestion is, is just to ignore the hype in the stores and constant playing of xmas songs on the radio, and just make the most of the day with family - and the inevitable argument that comes after someone has had way too much cherry (which is always funny). :P

Em
    I totally agree (except for the cherry, I don't drink)
    Till ~8 every kid is supposed to believe massively in Santa. It's always a nice moment to see the children naأ¯ve eyes flashing at their gift.
    I don't reject the concept itself, though when I was a little boy the idea of a night prowler red man able to crawl in even if there were no chimney like Tooms in X-Files was really scary. But I'm pissed off the associated candish mercantilism.

Once kids grow up to adults they may have different approaches for taking distance with "the silent reproach of a million tear-stained eyes" they drag behind.
    illusion, superstition, fantasy are bricks in the wall of our lives.
    My first opinion was just to say lynching Santa in a place where are children is like shooting at an ambulance, and I persist and sign ! He's a fashion victim!
    Talking, or writing, or drawing is a step toward debate, debate leads to culture, and culture leads to Art.
    I would propose an ad-on to this thread in a sense of what is the limit
    in Art ?
    I'm wondering what angry response should someone deserve from the politically correct pro-Bush "Tartuffe"'s if he had recommended a deviant art picture of Trevor Brown (an english artist; see among his unhealthy and disturbing work the "Choco christmas _Feliz_Invalidad" picture e.g.) instead of a lynched santy ?

Alain

Comment

Well, now it's a bleeding Rudolph!

Display Shows Bleeding Rudolph Hanging From Tree

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A holiday display is getting some negative attention from neighbors. A homeowner's display in the Hunter's Creek subdivision features Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer hanging from a tree.

One red light represents its nose and the rest appear to be blood draining from Rudolph's body. The display represents a hunting technique called field dressing, which is what hunters do to a deer they kill...
      http://www.wftv.com/news/5540774/detail.html#

"Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        Well, now it's a bleeding Rudolph!

Display Shows Bleeding Rudolph Hanging From Tree

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A holiday display is getting some negative attention from neighbors. A homeowner's display in the Hunter's Creek subdivision features Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer hanging from a tree.

One red light represents its nose and the rest appear to be blood draining from Rudolph's body. The display represents a hunting technique called field dressing, which is what hunters do to a deer they kill...
        http://www.wftv.com/news/5540774/detail.html#

High-wire artist ?
        COULD THIS BE CALLED 'DEVIANT ART' . It doesn't seem to be like the way Trevor Brown's work distanced himself from conventional representational Art.
        I'm wondering if it is to resume the humor in the same mill as the santy's affair, the link being the deers gliding the sleigh, who's next ?
        Maybe The Dwarfs , or the Elves (usually Santy is 'snowed' under Elves in G-string like in Kingdom Under Fire :)?

Comment

I love presents! Getting and giving them.

Comment

Working...
          X