Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Politics and Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics and Art

The police down in Miami are busy....

To what degree are WE responsible for responding to the situation? I have an uncomfortable feeling that the terrorism scare is being used to condition the citizens of western democracies for a police state.

The following link leads to the story and images from Miami:

http://www.rotwangsrobot.net/prototypex...c.php?t=26

I just got a 404 error when I tried to go to the page. I might try again later - that worked with the Open Democracy link I posted in Reasoned Debate.

On the subject of terrorism being used as a cover for a police state, I think you have a point. Here in the UK, so-called anti-terror legislation has been used against peaceful (and not so peaceful, admittedly) protestors at events such as the G8 summit at Gleneagles in July. The most ridiculous use of the Terrorism Act was when Walter Wolfgang, an 86(?) year old Labour party member was forcibly ejected from the party conference, and refused re-entry under the Terrorism Act.

Sorry if everyone outside the UK knows all this already. Just had to get it off my chest :x

Comment

Originally posted by Hawksun
      I just got a 404 error when I tried to go to the page.
      Try this: http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001

The link to the Prototype X Forum Carter posted above seems to be broken now. :|

What's scary is that about 60% of the people who took the AOL poll said they would want local police to stage high-profile, random security checks. Are they pro-fascist or just woefully ignorant?
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
      X