Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

9/11 Conspiracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 Conspiracy

Not sure if this belongs here or in Reasoned Debate, but several friends of mine have been talking about a conspiracy theory to do with 9/11. Apparently a book, which I should really borrow and read, was written on the subject and a lot of very suspicious things have come to light...
    Has anyone else got any information on this theory?

There's lots of conspiracy theories about 9/11. A quick :google: for '9/11 conspiracy' will return a load of hits.

Here's a site that claims to refute them: http://ourworld-top.cs.com/mikegriffith1/refute.htm
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Penn & Teller also did a show about the 9/11 Conspiracy:

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/topics_all.do

I'd be more willing to believe the Pearl Harbor conspiracy and I don't buy that one after looking at the facts.

The government was only prepared for invasion from the outside the US, not inside, that is why they failed to stop it. I am still puzzled why they were not ready for anything.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

http://urbanlegends.about.com/gi/pag...blflight77.htm

At the time of posting the poll in the link above showed that twice as many people believed that Flight 77 didn't hit the Pentagon as those who believe it did. Depressing, especially given the evidence against this conspiracy theory.

Then again, maybe people who visit a site called "Urban Legends" are more more likely to believe that stuff anyway.

Comment

I suspect there are numerous book. The Emperor's New Clothes has been steadfastly turning out conspiracy theories ever since the tragic event and provides quite a good summary of the questions that need answering: http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/911page.htm

Of course, questions are all that conspiracy theories really consist of, as any proof would lead them beyond the realm of theory. Is it possible that by imagining our leaders as criminal masterminds we are crediting them with more intelligence than they do in fact posess? The second option of staggeringly mindnumbing incompetence also needs to be considered as a (perhaps more likely) explanation.

Who knows. At least the 9/11 theories are more convincing than the ones which said that 7/7 was plotted by Blair, or even the one which claimed that the tsunami was a deliberate US act. This really is the Twilight Zone! :?
          \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
            The government was only prepared for invasion from the outside the US, not inside, that is why they failed to stop it. I am still puzzled why they were not ready for anything.

Apparently we're not prepared for an alien invasion either, and I mean aliens and UFOS. Few Eurupean gov'ts have preperations in the case that were to ever happen (you never know)! - USA has none. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
              Originally posted by lemec

Apparently we're not prepared for an alien invasion either, and I mean aliens and UFOS. Few Eurupean gov'ts have preperations in the case that were to ever happen (you never know)! - USA has none. :(
              They probaly are not ready for a large meteorite hitting the country either,hehe. :D

What I meant by that quote was that the US could have been prepared for known threats. There were alot of hijackings in the 70's. They could have been more strict on existing laws and regulations. Later video even showed one of the terrorists being stopped once by the metal detector,then the security officer just waved him on without checking him for any weapons.

Also, when I wrote that, I was thinking about when the military pilots flew their jets over the ocean looking for a threat from Russia on 9/11. Somebody did not tell the pilots that there were passenger planes that had been hijacked.

I don't like to be too harsh on the government. I am just saying that they had some time to do something after air traffic controllers saw that the planes were far off course. There were alot of mistakes made by everyone,not just the military. There is not much we could do about it anyway once the terrorists had control of the planes,except shoot them down to save the people in buildings and on he ground. We know now that negotiation is out of the question.

Going back to the conspiract theories: Did any of those theories mention that some people believe the plane that had crashed in Pennsylvania was really hit with a missle to bring it down before it flew to Washington D.C. ?
              It is known that the passengers fought for control of the plane and it went down,but some say there were F-16's following it. Maybe if the passengers failed, the jets would have shot it down at that point?

I don't know, I'm just passing on things I've heard and things I saw on the History Channel concerning the 9/11 Commision. I just thought it would fit in this thread.

P.S. The "Shadow Government" might have defense plans for alien attack. In fact, that may be closer to a conventional war than the war on terror. Either our weapons would work on the aliens or we would be totally defeated, or there could be so many that we run out of ammunition and the aliens take over anyway. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

The whole 9/11 happened cause the gov't got to soft, like Rome. To busy with its own prosperity to notice the large barbarian hordes looming across the borders. The year before 9/11 US Marshals were taken off planes - too expensive, I suppose? :(

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
                  The whole 9/11 happened cause the gov't got to soft, like Rome. To busy with its own prosperity to notice the large barbarian hordes looming across the borders. The year before 9/11 US Marshals were taken off planes - too expensive, I suppose? :(
                  (like Corum's people? The Mabden attacked them and they no longer could defend themselves.)

Lessons could be learned from fiction, besides reality. There were alot of things that led up to it. The method should have been a surprise and it was, but the US should have expected some form of attack. There was the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole and Bill Clinton's missle attack on one of Bin Laden's terrorists camps. There was an embassy bombing that President Clinton did no do anything about. Bin Laden also sent the US his declaration of war.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Loose Change I

Loose Change II
                    Last edited by Mespheber; 09-11-2006, 03:00 AM.
                    Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
                      Is it possible that by imagining our leaders as criminal masterminds we are crediting them with more intelligence than they do in fact posess? The second option of staggeringly mindnumbing incompetence also needs to be considered as a (perhaps more likely) explanation.
                      Couldn't agree more. This is all it comes down to, if you ask me. A woeful lack of foresight, preparation, communication or willingness to make adequate use of intelligence are more than enough to leave a country wide-open for these sorts of attacks.
                      The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

one of the 9/11 conspiracy theory (about Pentagone beeing destroyed by a missile ) has been defended vehemently by some french pepole.

I saw the documents provided by Mespheber.

For me, they are the proof that some people are ready to say and believe anything.

1) the planes crashed on the twins. We have the lists of crews and passengers, the number of the flights and so on.

2) I don't imagine why to add a missile to the planes. If this was the cases, the effects of the missiles cannot be differencied from the effects of the planes.

3) the towers crashed not directly from the impacts but from the weakening of theirs structures by fire ........

4) anybody can make pseudo-scientific statements .....

I remind you of the talk we had about this documentary about the trip on the moon being a forgery, very scientifically documented and false.

Comment

Inside Job

Let's honor the dead by learning the truth that has been blockaded by our leaders.

Comment

The acknowledgment and fear of a whole nation exploited through the media by playing constant reruns of past tragedies is the fuel that fires the engines of the islamist-extremist vehicle. Im sure those murderous pr**ks were lying in their burrows/caves/castles masturbating in glee whilst watching US tv channels yesterday. My respect for the dead will be shown by refusing to partake in the viewing of any 9/11 tv series and/or movies (the likes of WTC) which are solely profit and ratings minded.
                            Your leaders were'nt self selective, they were voted in by the general population.
                            Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 09-12-2006, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                              Your leaders were'nt self selective, they were voted in by the general population.
                              I believe there's a theory or two about that, too...
                              Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
                              -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Working...
                              X