Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Impeach Bush now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeach Bush now!

If anyone who is a United States Citizen would like to sign a ballot to Impeach Bush here is a real link where you can do that. Make the world safe again! Impeach Bush and his cronies. :D

http://impeachbush.pephost.org/site/...e=VTI_homepage

It the "rest of the world" is safe, so will be America.
    Yes, go ahead!
    Please.
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Perhaps this isn't the place for it, but...

I certainly believe Bush has committed "high crimes and misdemeanors," which I remember to be the standard of impeachment, but Congress would rather cut off body parts than impeach him. Most pragmatically, they couldn't impeach him because they, too, are culpable in most of his folly, backing him no matter what. Republicans have created a party-first mentality amongst much of the party--so much so that they would rather have "their guy" in power than have effective leadership.

Remember that these are the same people who impeached Clinton (for a far lower threshold) while he was balancing a budget, paying down a defecit, and giving tax breaks to business--all of which are conservative ideals, but he wasn't one of "their guys."

Now we have record defecits and are borrowing more money than any nation in history, but many Republicans are far more concerned about having power than living up to their supposed ideals.

Ahem.

Back to work...

Comment

An amusing (yet very cautious) article that seems connected with this topic:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/krwashbureau...u/_bush_jinx_1

LSN

Comment

everyday it's getting closer
          going faster than a roller coaster
          a Rove like Bush's could surely head Fitzgerald's way
          everday seems a little faster
          all his friends said don't you go and out her
          a Rove like Bush's might well head Scooter's way
          everyday case seems a little stronger
          everyday charge sheet gets a little longer
          come what may do you ever long for
          cruel Rove investigated too?
          everyday seems a little closer
          a Rove like Bush's could head Sing Sing way
          a Rove like Bush's could head San Quentin way
          A hey! A hey, hey!

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios
            everyday it's getting closer
            a Rove like Bush's could surely head Fitzgerald's way
            everday seems a little faster
            all his friends said don't you go and out her
            a Rove like Bush's might well head Scooter's way
            everyday case seems a little stronger
            everyday charge sheet gets a little longer
            come what may do you ever long for
            cruel Rove investigated too?
            everyday seems a little closer
            a Rove like Bush's could head Sing Sing way
            a Rove like Bush's could head San Quentin way
            A hey! A hey, hey!

:D
            that's interesting but I think I like the original better. Bush will surely serve his time then get what's coming to him, the people are losing faith in him I think he's out.

Comment

Skys "impeach Bush" link has been vetoed similar to stem cell research. Stem cell research can be used to save lives and impregnate women that would otherwise not be able to have children. If the developmental stage of the embryo is minimal, is stem cell research a blasphemy? I myself dont know where the line should be drawn between the sciences and playing God. Are Bush's motives ethical or are they simply to secure christian votes? I am sure that some time in the future S.C.R. will be acceptable.
              Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 07-20-2006, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                Are Bush's motives ethical or are they simply to secure christian votes?
                Bush, ethical?

Here in the UK where SCR is legal, research departments are rubbing their hands with glee at all the extra funding that will now be coming their way from US pharmaceutical companies...

Comment

big hypocrisy : in some states, laws have been proposed to limit the right to SCR to ethical use ..... ( forbiding human cloning for instance ) and conservatives have opposed the proposals because every research is not forbindden . Result : SCR is legal in most of the united states .... without any limits !

Comment

I personally would say that if it is a positive advancement for mankind..go for it ..no holes barred. And I do see it as an advancing step in medicine.

Comment

Rabelais, a french author of the seexteen century said :

" Science without conscience is only ruin of the soul ! "

Even if some things are possible, they must not be researched. Ethics is a priority !

SCR opens huge possibilities in term of health care and it is good. It opens also huge possibilites in terms of abuse and it must be forbidden.

For instance and without SCR, India and China have deficits of women birth because genetics analysis and abortion allow a choice ( infanticide also ). This means big social problems in twenty years and some.

And this is just an example .......

For instance, geneticians are researching genes of crime : The day they think they have found, what will be the result ?

And so on ....

Comment

I'm somewhat ambivilant about this sort of research. I believe that it can have some positive aspects, such as the potential to reduce certain genetic defects, but I'm more concerned about cloning, and especially "designer babies".

The majority of parents love their children unconditonally, regardless of their physical appearance. If parents were able to select attributes in some sort of genetic Wa*l-M.art, I'm concerned that children might grow up feeling that their parent's love was conditional on their physical appearance.

What alarms (but doesn't surprise) me the most, is Bush's contempt for American democracy. It would be nice to think that any other president would have respected the decisions of the people's elected representatives and passed the bill. But I'd be far more surprised if this was the first instance of such an incident .

Comment

Don't like Bush, don't want to impeach him, either.

Time, money, angst ... and if successful we get Cheney.

That ain't "better".
                          Miqque
                          ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                            If anyone who is a United States Citizen would like to sign a ballot to Impeach Bush here is a real link where you can do that. Make the world safe again! Impeach Bush and his cronies. :D

http://impeachbush.pephost.org/site/...e=VTI_homepage
                            This should read - "Make the world safe again! Glass the Middle East!"

The problem with 'Activists' is that they think the entire world lives in the same tiny bubble they do.

I hate that we constantly need to remind people that Bush didn't start this mess - its been brewing since way before he was in office and NOONE did a damn thing to stop it/thwart it until Sept 11 - not Clinton, not Carter - nor any other Liberal World-class hero.

even Kofi Annan can't figure out how to interpret the Geneva Conventions and why they were written (To PROTECT civilians by making combatting forces 'stand out' (wear uniforms and avoid melting into civilians populations and endangering innocents.)

Sanitized war doesn't work unless both sides adhere to the conventions letter.

Civilians should not allow their neighborhood to be a launchpad for attacks, and if they do - they shouldn't complain when they wind up among the casualties.

States shouldn't allow militias to use their soveriegn land as a 'base' for these nitwits to play gopher - assailing neighbors and running for refuge behind their sovereignty. They are empowering these 'militias' to draw them into wider conflict.

The plain simple fact of the matter is, the lopsided 'perspective' demonstrates a sheer lack of 'common sense' amongst most activists.

Their heart cries out for the weak - but they plainly ignore the atrocities that the weak commit, and worse - they blame the strong for them.

If this is the way of the future, then perhaps we deserve to lose and live under an islamic caliphate until we re-learn what 'oppression', 'corruption', and 'manipulation' REALLY means.

Hezbollah has 'bought' the trust of many ME countries, which seems to make it ok for them to do anything they want. (Hez built schools, hospitals, and aid centers where fledgling democracies were weak.)

Now they launch attacks from their neighborhoods, when everyone knows and understands what kind of 'Retaliatory strikes' and 'reprisals' they're in for.

Stupid is, as stupid does.

Comment

Joke
                              Cheney enters Bush's office and states
                              "Mr President, bad news 3 Brazilian soldiers have just died in a terrorist attack"
                              "My God that's terrible!"
                              "How many's a Brazilian?"

Comment

Working...
                              X