Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bush; God told me to invade Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush; God told me to invade Iraq

8O

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...icle317805.ece[/url]

President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan...
    But it was also God that told Osama bin Laden to attack the US, wasn't it? I wonder who is more confused, God or the men who heed divine calls to war?

Comment

And we remember how well the last set of (un)holy wars in that part of the world worked out for everyone.

Comment

God, eh? Is that what they're calling Dick Chaney in Washington these days?
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Shades of Flip Wilson!
          "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

"I was round my friend Jimmy's house one time, and I'm getting a wicked high score on GTA, but then I hear God telling me to go and buy some pretzel chips, and I'm like 'No way, God, I don't like pretzel chips. Only Jimmie like those things. I wanna finish my game', but then God was all like, 'Do what I say, or I'm gonna put a plague on you', and I was like 'I'm getting wicked high score, and I don't want any god-damn pretzel chips!', and he got really mad about me taking his name in vain, and he called my sister a menstruatin' harlot, so in the end I went out to buy the pretzel chips... but then, when I got back, Jimmie had wiped my game and put Resi on instead. And he ate all the the pretzel chips! God was wrong then, and he's wrong about Iraq. That's all I've got to say."

Sorry, I thought this was the flash fiction thread. I can imagine some of Bush's advisers hiding under his desk and pretending to be the voice of God though.
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Another example of reality coming, as David Rovics says, "pre-satirised". The excuse of stereotype psychos everywhere. Do you think Bush's next act will be to run amok in his local church with a samurai sword?

Some more holy acts: http://www.ffrf.org/fttoday/2005/april/godmademe.php

Makes you :lol: or !
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
                God, eh? Is that what they're calling Dick Chaney in Washington these days?
                That's exactly the conclusion that I came to. That 'God' is Prezident W.'s pet name for Dick Cheney.

8)

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                  "I was round my friend Jimmy's house one time, and I'm getting a wicked high score on GTA, but then I hear God telling me to go and buy some pretzel chips, and I'm like 'No way, God, I don't like pretzel chips. Only Jimmie like those things. I wanna finish my game', but then God was all like, 'Do what I say, or I'm gonna put a plague on you', and I was like 'I'm getting wicked high score, and I don't want any god-damn pretzel chips!', and he got really mad about me taking his name in vain, and he called my sister a menstruatin' harlot, so in the end I went out to buy the pretzel chips... but then, when I got back, Jimmie had wiped my game and put Resi on instead. And he ate all the the pretzel chips! God was wrong then, and he's wrong about Iraq. That's all I've got to say."

Sorry, I thought this was the flash fiction thread. I can imagine some of Bush's advisers hiding under his desk and pretending to be the voice of God though.
                  :up:

I coulda sworn you were gonna say God told you to make that post.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

LOL! I never thought that Bush Jr. could possibly be this retarted but I guess that I am wrong. How many wars have been started for "God?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                      LOL! I never thought that Bush Jr. could possibly be this retarted but I guess that I am wrong. How many wars have been started for "God?"
                      The answer is: NONE!

God is just the excuse to cover up the real reasons, like greed, power, oil... :roll:

Comment

Argeed Spaced_Moorcock! I was being sarcastic. God has been the excuss for thousands of years when the real reality of the wars are for land, money, oil etc.............. :x

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                          Argeed Spaced_Moorcock! I was being sarcastic. God has been the excuss for thousands of years when the real reality of the wars are for land, money, oil etc.............. :x
                          Yep. I agree,but there are some justified wars such as World War II where the Allies where there to liberate the people and their land instead of the plunder resources. ;)

The despots of the world will say anything to raise the rabble. Dieties are number one on the list to get the people motivated to fight and kill.

State of poverty is a close second when a dictator says," hey look they got all those riches over there, let's get them!"

Scapegoats are probaly next on the list,"hey these people are different from us(which sometimes also fits in number one,religion) look at all the trouble and grief they cause us in everyday life, let's get them!"

Jealousy, playing on fears and an inferiority complex might fit somewhere on the list as well.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                          X