Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

An Open Letter to George W. Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter to George W. Bush

Okay, I know it's a bit old now, but here is an awesome message Bill Maher had for Dubya at the end of the September 9 edition of HBO's REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER:

Mr. President, this job can't be fun for you any more. There's no more money to spend--you used up all of that. You can't start another war because you used up the army. And now, darn the luck, the rest of your term has become the Bush family nightmare: helping poor people. Listen to your Mom. The cupboard's bare, the credit cards maxed out. No one's speaking to you. Mission accomplished.

Now it's time to do what you've always done best: lose interest and walk away. Like you did with your military service and the oil company and the baseball team. It's time. Time to move on and try the next fantasy job.

How about cowboy or space man? Now I know what you're saying: there's so many other things that you as President could involve yourself in. Please don't. I know, I know. There's a lot left to do. There's a war with Venezuela. Eliminating the sales tax on yachts. Turning the space program over to the church. And Social Security to Fannie Mae. Giving embryos the vote.

But, Sir, none of that is going to happen now. Why? Because you govern like Billy Joel drives. You've performed so poorly I'm surprised that
    you haven't given yourself a medal. You're a catastrophe that walks like a man. Herbert Hoover was a shittty president, but even he never conceded an entire city to rising water and snakes.

On your watch, we've lost almost all of our allies, the surplus, four airliners, two trade centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the City of
    New Orleans. Maybe you're just not lucky. I'm not saying you don't love this country. I'm just wondering how much worse it could be if you were on the other side.

So, yes, God does speak to you. What he is saying is: "Take a hint."
    You know, when you look at it all plain and simple like this, you gotta wonder how even 39% could possibly support this guy.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

President Bush, is a moron. How he was elected is beyound me. That being said he is ruining this country and other country's too. At what point is enough for the American people to say it's time to Impeach? It should have been that time 4 years ago, but I guess people wanted more from Mr. Bush and his marry band of idiots! What does this imbecile have to do to loose integrity enough for him to be impeached? I just don't understand how he can still be our president..? If anyone can explain it to me that would be great. :x

Comment

We have the same problem here in the UK. Blair led us into a war that at the last election was regarded as illegal, unfounded in its basis, and appallingly badly planned and executed. The man himself is deeply unpopular. Yet he was re-elected, by a minority of the population. As regards impeachment, what attempts there have been so far have all ended in a puff of smoke. Personally, I think most people voted for him because the only viable alternative, Gordon Brown, is Blair's right-hand man. The other parties, Conservative and Liberal Democrat, are not regarded as having real governmental potential. Most of the voting minority are happy to put up with a few more years of Blair, when compared to the alternatives.

Comment

Re: An Open Letter to George W. Bush

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        You know, when you look at it all plain and simple like this, you gotta wonder how even ]39% could possibly support this guy.
        Maybe they just did a survey of his most die-hard supporters?

Originally posted by Hawksun
        Personally, I think most people voted for him because the only viable alternative, Gordon Brown, is Blair's right-hand man.
        I think that's only partially true. Where I live, you could stick a red rosette on a donkey and people would still vote it into power. People seem to vote habitually for the same party because that's what they've always done, not because of the policies of that party. I agree that Gordon Brown seems to be the only alternative to Blair although I voted for an independant candidate.

Comment

Working...
        X