Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

GW Bush Surrounds Himself With Fellow Morons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PsychicWarVeteran
    PsychicWarVeteran
    Flesh Bag of Mostly Water
    PsychicWarVeteran
    Flesh Bag of Mostly Water
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sky
    The only thing that Bush is missing is that he didn't tape when he decided to have the war in Iraq!
    Well, even if he did, we wouldn't hear about it since he has the media in his back pocket. For example, the Bush admin's version of the Watergate Tapes would be the Downing Street Memo. You'll note that nothing came of that piece of highly-incriminating evidence. Here are some poignant excerpts from the memo (emphasis in boldface is mine):

Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. The NSC had no patience with the UN route, and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action...

The Defence Secretary... thought the most likely timing in US minds for military action to begin was January, with the timeline beginning 30 days before the US Congressional elections.

It seemed clear that Bush had made up his mind to take military action, even if the timing was not yet decided. But the case was thin. Saddam was not threatening his neighbours, and his WMD capability was less than that of Libya, North Korea or Iran.
    I encourage you to read the memo. The only explanation as to why this didn't become a huge issue is that the Bush administration supressed it in the main-stream media and continues to do so!
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
    X