Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Walken runs for President!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walken runs for President!?

Now I'm worried

http://www.walken2008.com/
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Hmmm... I think he sounds like Roosevelt or Truman maybe.
    Sounds like a Liberal though. Or is he a conservative prick like the others?

Anyway.. I think it's stupid that campaigning in requires a fat bank account, or generous donations from corporations and other influential interest groups, to further their political causes and not the little guy. It isn't one bit democratic at all.

Comment

Would he bring more cow bell to the nation if elected?

I like him as an actor, but I know nothing about what he believes in. Is Walken really going to run? I really don't think any of the Hollywood actors would make a good president. I think more non politicians should have a shot at the office though. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

But is it a hoax? According to this blog it is.

http://thetechnologist.blogspot.com/...8-is-hoax.html

Comment

Well what about a "Worst Presidents" voting?
          That could be fun?

I start with:
          G. Bush Jr.
          Calvin Coolidge
          Herbert Hoover

Carter was a nice kinda guy but not a good president I guess.

Comment

The worst probably must start with:

- Franklin Pierce (GWB's ancestor, voted the worst president of all time)
            - Millard Fillmore (later affiliated with the "Know Nothing" Party)
            - James Buchanon
            - Herbert Hoover

GWB is well on his way to joining that august company on his record so far.

To really qualify as "bad," the president under discussion should at least have served a full term and have been elected. This disqualifies people like the ineffectual Ford and the questionable Harding.

Most "bad" presidents are actually a mixture of good and bad to some degree, but *really bad* presidents need to have accomplished nothing at all positive during their tenures -- or at least nothing worth noting. Even "good" presidents aren't 100% successful, if one examines the record.

LSN

Comment

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Tricky Dicky yet.

Comment

If Walken does run, a psychic named Johnny Smith will likely try to
                assassinate him. :D

Comment

The real question is: do we want a former James Bond villian as president? :lol:
                  "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                  --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
                  X