Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Already knew that, but thanks for confirming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already knew that, but thanks for confirming!

Has anyone seen the leaked transcript of a senior British government meeting?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...593607,00.html

Key quotes:

"C reported on his recent talks in Washington. There was a perceptible shift in attitude. Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. The NSC had no patience with the UN route, and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action."
    (emphasis mine)

"The Attorney-General said that the desire for regime change was not a legal base for military action."

"Saddam was not threatening his neighbours, and his WMD capability was less than that of Libya, North Korea or Iran."
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Working...
X