Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Montana bans drink driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana bans drink driving

Wow... only now does it become illegal...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ana_drinking_4
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Re: Montana bans drink driving

Originally posted by devilchicken
    Wow... only now does it become illegal...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ntana_drinking
    The 'link' doesn't work! Seems to be alot of that around today..

Comment

Broken Link

This should work

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ana_drinking_4
      Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Wait a minute...they're prohibiting drinking while driving...not driving while drunk 8O is that right?

Comment

Wait a minute...they're prohibiting drinking while driving...not driving while drunk Shocked is that right?
          Well its kind of the same thing - I saw a BBC news report on that a while back, where they were saying that Montana is the only US state where it was legal to drink and drive. The reporter was interviewing this guy who was drinking a can of beer while behind the wheel.

Unsurprisingly Montana has a very high proportion of alchohol related RTAs.

Comment

Well if you can get all wasted before you take the wheel, and all's fine as long as they don't catch you with an open can at the wheel - which the article seems to suggest, I don't see that the figures are going to change much.
            Or is it that nowhere in the US drivers are tested for alcohol as a preventive measure?

Comment

I've listened to the Maximum Effect live gig now. It's the subject matter which is so fascinating. The titles may sound trite to some but he was addressing subjects rarely touched upon.
              Regarding 'Teen Ballad of Dino' does anyone know the story behind it? I know Dino Valente was a teen balladeer before he joined Quicksilver - could it be?
              I defy anyone to succinctly define the music ICU play. The veer from Punk to Space Rock via all places inbetween. 'Sid's Song' sounds like it could be based on a traditional tune and sounds like the blueprint for the Levellers. 'Rajneesh' has to be one of my favourite songs ever.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

test

Apologies to Guv for deleting his post. Apologies to the person above whose message I accidentally highjacked. Working on the database.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Heard Montana also adopted a no-smoking-anywhere ban like California.
                  Big Brother is here!

(Berry = :P )(It happens, bro.)
                  Miqque
                  ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Working...
                  X