Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Florida Shoot-out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Shoot-out!

Disturbing News!

http://flapolitics.blogspot.com/2005/03...-bill.html

IS the world going insane!

Link doesn't work, but the answer is YES!
    Google ergo sum

Comment

http://www.nbc6.net/news/4312393/detail.html

Don't know why the other link just died?

Comment

About 10 years ago we were on holiday in Austria, we met this couple of women from Richmond Va. in a restaurant in Salzburg. As we were talking we mentioned that as flights to Florida were so cheap we fancied going there, renting a RV/campervan & touring the south/south-west. Their reply was, take the cheap flight, rent the van & get out of Florida as quick as possible.
        Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Originally posted by silverhand
          About 10 years ago we were on holiday in Austria, we met this couple of women from Richmond Va. in a restaurant in Salzburg. As we were talking we mentioned that as flights to Florida were so cheap we fancied going there, renting a RV/campervan & touring the south/south-west. Their reply was, take the cheap flight, rent the van & get out of Florida as quick as possible.
          Yeah! Is crime so heavy in that state? My mom said that it was the most likely place to lose both your wallet and your life..

I wonder why florida has so many problems with crime? Is it mainly drug related or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat
            Yeah! Is crime so heavy in that state? My mom said that it was the most likely place to lose both your wallet and your life..

I wonder why florida has so many problems with crime? Is it mainly drug related or what?
            I think it's because the Mob takes it's holidays down there.
            8O
            Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Originally posted by Theocrat

I think it's because the Mob takes it's holidays down there.
              8O
              Either youre a president. A Company CEO or a Mob Boss.
              "I'm not a crook!" Why do these things seem related?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
                I think that a lot of social misunderstanding is at the root of the problem.
                "No More Cocoons" please..

Well.. I hope America does some more introspection and look to itself and whats going on. Other than concentrating on markets around the world.
                And searching for the "American Scream", as i've heard some Americans call it.

Keynesianism helped my country, and other countries, a whole lot.
                Both socially and economically. Crime levels have been significantly low since the 40's up till the late 90's. Economy and crime are indubitably related. As always! The people in power don't want to see mankind happy or at least prosperous in egalitarian ways. I feel myself turning into a pessimist everyday. But I try to be happy.. It's springtime and i'm going to enjoy it..

BTW what is it with austria?.. Alot of weird economic and social ideas come from there.. :x

Comment

Keynesianism!!!???

What is that? Does it come in a bottle or just tablet form?
                  It's an economic plan, or 'formula' to sound more therapeutic. :)

I think it was incorporated into "The New Deal" and got you guys out of the 'depression'.

"Of or relating to the economic theories of John Maynard Keynes, especially those theories advocating government monetary and fiscal programs designed to increase employment and stimulate business activity."

Now we are diving into Hayeks et al economic plans. He wrote a book called "Road to Serfdom, a polemical defense of laissez-faire".
                  "trickle-down" is apart of it i've heard.

Comment

Thanks, I will read up on it a bit.
                    It's quite simple really.. But as always! It's those bitchey 'monetarists' who keep whining about not enough "economic freedom" :x

Comment

It's surprising that we miss on what kind of economic plans government or higher organisations and banks use upon us little people..
                      Without us knowing how it will affect our lives and narrow our prospect.
                      *shivering*

Comment

Working...
                      X