Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

News Headline from 2035

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Headline from 2035

If we change a few words regarding the Syrian pullout from Lebanon we get:

US set to begin troop pull-back
    Iraqi officials say the US will start redeploying its troops to the west of Iraq today in the first part of a two-phase withdrawal.

The Iraqi President announced the withdrawal plans on Saturday.

He has been under pressure to act on a UN Security Council resolution for all foreign troops to leave Iraq.

The pressure has mounted since the assassination of the former Iraqi Prime Minister last month.

The Iraqi Defence Minister has said the pullback will start immediately after a meeting in Washington between leaders of both countries to approve the US President's withdrawal plan.

While Iraqi opposition supporters are overjoyed at the announcement, the Syria remains sceptical.

Speaking on Syrian television, the Damascus director of communications said Syria would maintain pressure on the US.

He described the offer made by the US President as "half-hearted".

Pro-US groups such as the International Bible Society are not impressed by the announcement.

The International Bible Society CEO has called for public protests against the withdrawal.

"The President and the US, which is a UN member state, have the right to respect this international resolution," he said.

"But we as Iraqi parties and popular forces meeting today also have the right to reject this international resolution because it constitutes a flagrant interference in our internal affairs."
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Groakes, I really laughed when I first read that. When I realized the joke was on us, it wasn't so funny...

Comment

Working...
    X