Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Berlusconi's Head Must Spinning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlusconi's Head Must Spinning...

...After he is forced to publicly question and "castigate" the US after the shooting of Giuliana Sgrena (and the death of the negotiator who secured her release), considering Sgreda's Il Manifesto newspaper is highly critical of both the US War in Iraq and Berlusconi himself....
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

I hope it spins off his shoulders. What an appalling thing to happen.
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

The excrement has been really flying at the ventilator since Friday. the Italian papers, news, chat-shows etc haven't talked about anything else.
      There's the usual political absurdity of the extreme left having to praise a senior secret service agent as a hero for dying in the successful liberation of a leftie journalist, when the same people have never had a good word for any govt rep at any level. It's a messy situation though...
      It looks almost certain that Italy (and probably France) have managed to free prisoners by paying ransom instead of following the coalition hard line.
      After dark only military, embassy or authorised vehicles travel that road. It sounds pretty wierd that 700 metres from the airport an authorised vehicle (the agents got passes and registration of the rental car from the US forces the day before) gets shot at without warning. It can't have been going at high speed as it all happened just after a 90آ° bend in the road.
      The US forces claim to have waved at the vehicle (in the dark duh?) before turning on a spotlight and broadsiding the car.
      We await the truth but I hope nobody holds their breath...

Comment

Originally posted by DiGiMac
        We await the truth but I hope nobody holds their breath...
        We'll wind up with a version of the truth, but not an account of what really happened. I'm certain "freedom" and "potential terrorist" will be in the press releases.

Comment

The journalist wounded is alleging that she was deliberately targetted by the U.S. Army as they didn't like the Italians negotiating with terrorists. Also that she was told by her captors on her release that the US didn't want her to get home for the same reason. This has been denied by the Italian government. God alone knows where the truth lies.
          Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Originally posted by DiGiMac
            The excrement has been really flying at the ventilator since Friday.
            silly question I can't help but ask...Is that your invention, an Italian expression, an english one :lol:

I love it.

Comment

It's a baroque variation of the common English expression about "the shit is going to hit the fan." You've probably heard it.

Nous pouvons la traduire mais une traduction manque quelque chose. :lol:

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
                It's a baroque variation of the common English expression about "the shit is going to hit the fan." You've probably heard it.

Nous pouvons la traduire mais une traduction manque quelque chose. :lol:

LSN
                La merde va heurter le ventilateur???

well yes now that you mention it it does ring a bell.

Comment

Re: Berlusconi's Head Must Spinning...

Berlusconi is a head of state, and as such to be taken seriously. I just find it hard... keep thinking of Dario Fo. Ooops...
                  "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Working...
                  X