Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mel G's Survivour game..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mel G's Survivour game..

Hehe. I find this detestible and quite insane.
    Are the rich and wealthy fleeing the harsh reality of America turning commie elitist? As i've read Trotsky predict?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...2/s1262008.htm

Maybe i'll me a boat and find my own slice of heavenly decadence.

Ah, Mel Gibson...

I thought you were taling about Scary Spice... (who was Mel B[rown], but became Mel G[ulzar], 1998-2001).

That would have made Mago one of the Spice Islands... :roll:

Cheers,
    Ant

Comment

Well I hope it's well above sea-level. Or maybe I don't....

A LOT of those small pacific nations are in imminent danger of being swamped as the sea levels rise. Mel better hope that his "special relationship" with god has taught him to walk on water 'cos he may find that he needs it sooner rather later....

...or maybe it's his safe haven for the coming apocalypse.... :lol:

If Mel existed we would have to abolish him....
      Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
      Bakunin

Comment

Once he's settled on his island he'll buy a nuclerar missile from some impoverished Russian scientists and the we'll have another rogue state, Christian version.
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Hmmm... The "Coconut Master"?

Comment

Rogue state Christian version L'E ?
            I thought that was the US... :)
            Incidentally listening to a programme about the religious beliefs of the British which has reached the Reformation. Interesting to see how the idea of a god-given mission goes together with the formation of a powerful empire... And how protestantism aided that zealotry, much as it aids it now. Luther, Calvin and Knox have a fair bit to answer for, at least in Africa. Interesting, too, to understand the Catholic kings of France and Spain and how they described their intention to conquer England in terms of a holy crusade. I do so wish history weren't quite so repetitive, don't you ?

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
              I do so wish history weren't quite so repetitive, don't you ?
              Well.. I only see the same ol' pattern of 'divide and conquer'.
              Ignorance is what kills cultures after all.
              Not being able to see the whole.
              *I want my mommy* :lol:

Comment

Interesting to see how the idea of a god-given mission goes together with the formation of a powerful empire... And how protestantism aided that zealotry, much as it aids it now. Luther, Calvin and Knox have a fair bit to answer for, at least in Africa.

Indeed. And I find the latest incarnation of god-given empire building to be the creepiest of all.
                Just this evening I ran across the following statement from Peter Berger, in his 'Introduction' to Multiple Globalizations (Oxford UP: 2002), co-edited with good 'ol Sam Huntington, (I paraphrase a wee bit):

"For some time now I have argued (and I still haven't changed my opinion) that evangelical Protestantism, especially in its Pentecostal version, is the single most important mass movement currently serving as a vehicle for cultural globalization."

To add a twist of irony regarding Mel G's emulation of Marlon Brando in the South Seas, it is worthwhile considering that Fiji (along with much of Island Melanesia) is currently one of the favourite playgrounds for evangelical loonies of the Pentecostal inclination.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                  Rogue state Christian version L'E ?
                  I thought that was the US... :)
                  Incidentally listening to a programme about the religious beliefs of the British which has reached the Reformation. Interesting to see how the idea of a god-given mission goes together with the formation of a powerful empire... And how protestantism aided that zealotry, much as it aids it now. Luther, Calvin and Knox have a fair bit to answer for, at least in Africa. Interesting, too, to understand the Catholic kings of France and Spain and how they described their intention to conquer England in terms of a holy crusade. I do so wish history weren't quite so repetitive, don't you ?
                  The emphasis was on another, my friend.
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                  X