Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

September 11th Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11th Poll

September 11th Poll: Do you believe the official story of 9-11-2001?

I've noticed a large conspiracy theory movement, that grows each year, so I made a thread to talk about it.

A poll to investigate present day opinions of 9/11/01

The poll was created because, (as the world knows), it will be 14 years this month since the attacks happened.

Multiple Choice:

Please choose all that relates to your point of view.
    Yes
    13.33%
    No
    20.00%
    I am not sure or I do not think about it
    0.00%
    I firmly believe everything the media and/or government tells me
    0.00%
    I believe conspiracy theories are harmful
    20.00%
    I believe the government allowed it to take place
    6.67%
    World Trade Center Towers: It was a combination of airplanes & controlled demolition, thermite or new secret weapon
    0.00%
    I think parts of the official 9/11 report are true
    20.00%
    The event is as occured, but other people were involved in the attack plan that we were never told about
    6.67%
    I believe in a government(s) conspiracy that created the attacks
    6.67%
    I believe the government failed to capture or eliminate the terrorists before 9/11, creating more reason to attack the U.S.
    0.00%
    I believe The World Trade Center part is 100% truthful, but the Pentgon part was faked, meaning the terrorists from Middle East did not do the crime
    0.00%
    WTC 7 was destroyed by investors and/or the government
    0.00%
    Flight 93 was shot down
    0.00%
    Other (please write opinion below)
    6.67%

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

From an outside perspective USA security standards around commercial aircraft and airports seem insane. Lobby groups within the USA have claimed that increased security will "restrain trade", but they do not have a single shred of evidentiary support for that claim.

The reason I mention this, is that many people have believed for some decades that something like 9/11 was inevitable if the USA didn't change it's attitude towards airline security.

Beyond that there is very little about the physical details of the four plane crashes that seems implausible.

I'll close with a quote that I've heard in a few forms, I don't know it's origin, but despite that and the changes in wording that it suffers from time to time, it's message is clear, and when compared to the historical record, undeniable.

"When it comes to the history of human folly, only 10% is due to conspiracy. The other 90% is due to cock-up." - Anon.

Comment

I believe a blind eye was turned, the people in power namely Bush and Cheney made a lot of money form it, plus they were able to alter US law and foreign policy to suit the needs of their many business ventures related to the war machine and big oil companies. If not it was very convenient for them. Only an act that extreme would pacify the nation enough to let the patriot act slide.

September 11th is a very significant date in US military history, try looking into it, probably a coincidence but who knows.

Comment

I have never believed any official story by any government on the planet about anything and am certainly not going to start now!
        But on this one the inconsistencies are so glaring that even the maddest coincidence theorists are wringing their hands.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I believed the official story back then but now, judging by what has happened, I believe it was set up.
          I don't think it's only the oil AGAIN. It's also the war against terrorism, an enemy with no face so we can't beat it. They invade one place and terrorists from another place strike. Plus thousands of refugees come to West, something that was not happening in the past (ex: Iran-Iraq war).
          Do it today!!! It may be illegal tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Octo Seven View Post
            I believe a blind eye was turned, the people in power namely Bush and Cheney made a lot of money form it, plus they were able to alter US law and foreign policy to suit the needs of their many business ventures related to the war machine and big oil companies. If not it was very convenient for them. Only an act that extreme would pacify the nation enough to let the patriot act slide.

September 11th is a very significant date in US military history, try looking into it, probably a coincidence but who knows.

I second that! I would like to add the nefarious relationship between Saudi Arabia ( we gotta remember osama was born there ), Bushes, oil companies and USA . Must add that Saudi Arabia is one of the biggest perpetrators against human rights ( note, against human rights not rights of murderers and rapists ), a true fundamentalist country ( with all bad it might mean ).
            "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
            "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Doesn't Alan Moore have a theory that we need conspiracy theories; that would mean somebody is in control. That would be comfort. We have to learn to live with chaos and lack of control.

Comment

Spoken like a true coincidence theorist!
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by spaceroquer View Post
                  Doesn't Alan Moore have a theory that we need conspiracy theories; that would mean somebody is in control. That would be comfort. We have to learn to live with chaos and lack of control.
                  He also said in the same sentence that most conspiracies are true to the point of tripping each other over. Overall, 'the world is rudderless' is his most important statement regarding conspiracies but that doesn't mean there are not various conspiracies going on around us, just none of them are as efficient and broad as some people would like them to be.

Comment

Yep.
                    Pretty much the same can be said for coincidence too mind you!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Suspicious speculation about that particular attack isn't totally irrational--it was, after all, the planned product of a conspiracy in a literal, legal sense. A question that may remain unanswered (for some) is the number of conspirators involved.

TV images of those poor folks who fell or jumped from the upper floors are hard to forget, all these years later...not that there wasn't other horribleness that day or afterward (in the US, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, etc., etc., etc.).

Comment

I think that while not all is revealed yet, the enourmous blundering in the security surveillance is very plausible, very very plausible.

Had it been orchestrated it would have gone by a different scenario - last minute rescue by a couple of "valiant" air force interceptors and only a few victims. Whatever one may think of the US governments they are not a dictatorship.

But it sure was a very "useful" event (I apologise saying that for the victims and their relatives and friends) to justify a war against (long list).

I was reminded of the Reichstag Fire in 1933 (which was never fully investigated) that fuelled a gigantic propaganda machine against Communists, Jews and all who opposed the Nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire
                        Last edited by L'Etranger; 10-30-2015, 05:13 AM.
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                        X