Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Briefing on the Migrant Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briefing on the Migrant Crisis

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/briefing-...d-consequences

Worth considering. I myself knew that bringing down Khadafi in Libya was likely to have far-ranging consequences: the almost daily drownings are one of them.
    sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
    And incense the power of man with God
    But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
    And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
    by Peter Cape

Way back in the late Eighties, I went to a highly critical talk at the North East London Polytechnic, about the EU's long term plans for Fortress Europe and the coming immigration crisis. And here we are.

Of course, this isn't just about Europe. The whole still affluent Northern hemisphere, as well as the Far East and the Antipodes, are all about to face increasing dilemmas as the World's various anthropic crises: people; resources; carbon; climate; conflict; & etc., converge. So far, we're making a right pig's ear of things.

Comment

Fortress Europe? Sounds a lot like White Australia. Except worse in many respects.

(for what very little it's worth, I wrote a bit of flash fiction a few months earlier, and sent it in to AntipodeanSF's editor: it's called Fear in a Tau Ceti Refugee Camp. He's just accepted it for publication in December this year. It's about fear and hope on the knife-edge.)
      sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
      And incense the power of man with God
      But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
      And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
      by Peter Cape

Comment

Working...
      X