Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Who's your hero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been mulling this over a while and, having had a good lexical rummage, came to my conclusion of "none".
    Very, very many I admire and respect but hero takes more than that.
    Christopher Lee came close though and Mr L da Vinci and ... aye - the came close list was mighty!

Comment

At the end of the day, the only one who can be your hero is you.
      sigpic

Comment

I learnt to admire Father Damien at a very early age, also Albert Schweitzer, Marie Curie, and Albert Einstein ... I admired the local men in Edwaki, though I never got to know them sufficiently well.

Over the years ... well, I've tended to let the whole "hero" thing slide. But one person I admire greatly for her skill and ability on the horn, is the youngest member of our local brass band, who never gets flustered by playing in front of an audience even at her young age.
        sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
        And incense the power of man with God
        But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
        And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
        by Peter Cape

Comment

Working...
        X