Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Tell Harry what behavior you expect from a future king

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Harry what behavior you expect from a future king

This is the contact address for all the princes (Charles William and Harry) your letter probably won't get read by them, but their advisors will put another mark in the "apologise you insensitive overprivilliged shite" column.

HRH The Prince of Wales/HRH Prince William/HRH Prince Harry
    Clarence House
    St. James's Palace
    London SW1A 1BA
    United Kingdom

I'll post mine in the morning, if he hasn't done the decent thing by then. thousands of young men and women gave up their lives to battle the horrors of the Nazi regime. at the very least I can spare them the time it takes to write a letter.
    \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Good one!
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

The only thing I expect from a future King is for him to stand against a pock-marked wall in front of a firing party. I am sick of these over wealthy inbred retards assuming they can treat the rest of us with contempt & continue to have our admiration/acquiesence/loyalty. At leat with a republic you can vote them out after 4 or 5 years. The only thing about the IRA is they had he wrong target & they missed. :mrgreen:
      Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Originally posted by silverhand
        I am sick of these over wealthy inbred retards
        I sympathise with the sentiments expressed, but you really need to watch the language referring to people with learning disabilities. 'PC' I know, but it has to be said. I even had to write to the Morning Star about using the self-same word (to their credit, they printed my letter).
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
          I am sick of these over wealthy inbred retards
          I sympathise with the sentiments expressed, but you really need to watch the language referring to people with learning disabilities. 'PC' I know, but it has to be said. I even had to write to the Morning Star about using the self-same word (to their credit, they printed my letter).
          You're completely right, I just get a bit angry with the whole lot of them. I never would refer to an actual person with learning disabilities in that way. Also I must learn not to contribute when I've been down the pub! My sincere apologies. Hey, does that put me & the ginger twerp on the same level? If so, arise Sir Mikey_C. :lol:

Comment

Hey, does that put me & the ginger twerp on the same level? If so, arise Sir Mikey_C. :lol:
            Don't worry - I'll let you off this once. No doubt someone will have cause to pull me up one of these days. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
              Mikey, When I started my career I used to teach mentally retarded people. The amazing thing about them is that what ever happens to them tends to have minimal impact. They are a jolly bunch of people generally speaking.
              Yes - and no! These people certainly have a lot to teach us about making the best of a shit lot. I actually do think that many of them are capable of a superior 'quality of life' to us more cerebral types, which is part of the reason why I'm outraged that they are routinely denied an equal level of medical treatment on these grounds. However, they are also denied psychiatric treatment (I don't know how it is in the States). It's too easy to dismiss odd behaviour as a sign of their disability when its really something else, such as depression.

Also, if someone's verbal communication is limited, it,s easy to underestimate their comprehension. I have recently been peripherally involved (as union rep.) with the case of a colleague who has been fired for abusive behaviour. One of his misdoings was to tell one of our clients (who is, admittedly, repetitive and irritating in her requests) to "shut up or I'll lock you in the cupboard and throw away the fucking key." Ever since that day, according to her mother (who is unaware of the incident) she has been unable to sleep in a room on her own.

I think its a shame we have to label people at all, really. What I do find with the 'learning disabled' is a complete absence of pretension and prejudice - I feel it's a privilege to work with these people, if that's not too patronising. I've had my patience tested more times than I could possibly remember and have frequently been at the receiving end of violence from a small minority of individuals - but they all seem to have redeeming features. Some of their humour is magnificent.

Comment

The words, at the end of the day, are meaningless. We've had 'clients', now we have 'service-users', I rather dread it will be 'customers' at some point in the future. Prejudice, where it exists, is against the people themselves, and generally stems from ignorance and fear. You're dead right about projecting your own stuff onto these guys - some people will only see the person that 'might have been' if the disability wasn't there and ignore what is actually there.

Admittedly this is very hard for the parents, who need to go through a bereavement process for the daughter / son they never had. Most of them, however, learn to see the value of the individual for their own sake. It's a great education in life; it cuts through the bullshit (saying that, though, enough bullshit is generated by some of the 'disability professionals' who choose to make a career out of it all). Have you ever thought in your job about mental health provision for the retarded, or whatever you call them, by the way?

Comment

Hey, does that put me & the ginger twerp on the same level?
                  Now you're offending the strawberry blonde amongst us with your thoughtless violence-inciting red-hair hatred.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoid_Mary
                    Hey, does that put me & the ginger twerp on the same level?
                    Now you're offending the strawberry blonde amongst us with your thoughtless violence-inciting red-hair hatred.
                    Oops sorry, can I still call him a twerp? I must stress it wasn't an attack on ginger people as a whole just that overpriledged one. :oops Aaah me what I need is a PC royalist insult course. UP THE REPUBLIC!! 8)

Comment

I was immensly disapointed about this whole story, I first saw it on a news site and I could have sworn that it said "Harrys Nazi Giraffe" :oops: . Damn I thought to myself, how can you get a Nazi Giraffe? :? Must be damn difficult to train. After that the stupidity was far harder to bear.

Comment

Working...
                      X