Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Cuba Saved!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a link, though there's not much to the story yet...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...lug=Cuba%20Oil

Hate to be a cynic, but until Castro's gone, I don't see Communism leaving Cuba.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Let me see. If this is true there are several possible reactions from the White House and Downing Street:
      a) They will declare that Cuba has WMD's and has to be liberated instantly no matter what the UN says. And Blair will volunteer the Black Watch Regiment goes ashore first.
      b) They will disclose they were always the strongest supporters of Castro's "Social Experiment" and offer to sell him billions worth of weapons to protect himself against, umm, Haiti or Laos.
      c)The Queen, on Blair's request, will give Fidel an OBE, and all's well that ends well. (But Chirac will beat her to it by saying Castro is really a prodigal Frenchman and pin the Legion d'Honneur on him at the Siboney "Club Med Siboney Palmeras Beach Resort", hehe.
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
      X