Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Scotland's independence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thingfish View Post
    Just watch the media(especially that disgrace and affront to democracy bbc)try to smear wee Nicola over the coming weeks.
    Shall we start with how "wee Nicola" now has,on paper* at least, the biggest pay packet of any UK politician.
    Holyrood has voted through a pay rise for MSPs that would give the first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, the highest salary of any politician in the UK.

The Scottish parliament voted unanimously on Tuesday to increase basic salaries for MSPs by 0.7%, pushing the official overall salary for Scotland’s first minister to £144,687 – outstripping the prime minister’s overall pay of £142,500 and that of Boris Johnson, the London mayor, who earns £143,911.
    *On paper because, like UK cabinet ministers, she won't actually take the pay rise she's entitled to, for obvious political reasons.

Btw, the election predictions for SNP victory in Scotland are not in themselves that surprising given that the Referendum vote only had two choices: 'Yes' or 'No'. If we assume that every one who voted 'Yes' last year decides to vote SNP this year then it would come as little surprise that last year's victorious 'No' vote will be split into the respective tribes of Labour, LibDem, Conservative and others in 2015. What would be indefensible is if the SNP in Westminster attempted to leverage any success in the General Election as an opportunity to ride roughshod over the majority democratic Referendum result.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
      ... What would be indefensible is if the SNP in Westminster attempted to leverage any success in the General Election as an opportunity to ride roughshod over the majority democratic Referendum result.
      Excercising their democratic mandate? The very thought. Best to leave riding roughshod over the electorate to the minority government millionaire Old Etonian Bullingdon boys presently running things. Apparently, born to rule.

Comment

Oh dear

For starters the referendum only had 2 choices because the Eton bullyboys refused to let devo max on to the paper!

Thousands of Labour Libdem,conservative,Green and even SNP voted Yes or No in the indy ref only because devo max wasnt there.Devo max would have had a huge majority if it was allowed on and the unionists knew this(I would have voted for it!).A 5% swing is hardly a swingeing "victorious" result!

I personally,as a campaigner for my good friend and Dundee West SNP nominee Chris Law,have been finding out on the doorsteps of No voters that they will be voting SNP because they have been let down so badly by the unionists promises pre-indy being undelivered not because of the actual referendum.Gordon Browns promise that the Smith Report would deliver "virtual home rule" has fell woefully short and is now being seen for the blatant lie that it was.So even if all we win is a voice in Westminster for Chris(who incidentally has a 5000+ labour majority to overturn)i will be one happy "subsidy junkie"

What would be indefensible would be if the SNP DIDN'T try to leverage any well justified call for the next referendum sooner rather than later especially as all the spiteful petty rascist bile being spouted by the london media(including yer buddies BBC)is falling right into the SNPs hands.

Anyway the media will be getting to work spreading their usual lies and stupid scare tactics over the next few weeks so democracy will be affronted yet again and so because of that there wont be such a huge SNP surge as you seem to think theres going to be!

btw so what if the leader of the 3rd biggest party in the so called uk(yes,the leader, not alex salmond as all the london media are still sadly trying to portray) makes a grand or two more a year than those two self-serving muppets...shes worth every penny!

SAOR ALBA..
        Last edited by thingfish; 03-18-2015, 05:20 PM.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Beware the "enemy within"

Irvine Welsh unsurprisingly sums up the whole Scottish political landscape a thousand times better than i ever could....

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...P=share_btn_fb

SAOR ALBA
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Ahh! Love the sweet smells of perspective and truth in the morning!

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2015/04...a-pendulum-do/

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
            X