Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Pinochet under Arrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinochet under Arrest

I hope this is true and lasts:
    They've put vile, demonic, old Pinochet under house arrest fur murder charges.
    Hopefully this time they can lock him up for good. It would be such (late) triumph for the victims' relatives in Chile, in fact, for in all Latin America.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/chile/stor...373224,00.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/14/in...s/14chile.html
    (you may have to sign up with NYT before reading, but it is worth it anyway)

Let's see what his old buddies Thatcher and Kissinger have to say about this.

آ،Caramba -Viva la Justicia, por fin![/i]
    Google ergo sum

Re: Pinochet under Arrest

Originally posted by LEtranger

Let's see what his old buddies Thatcher and Kissinger have to say about this.

Perhaps they should be arrested, as accessories after the fact?

Wouldn't that be nice? Mrs Thatcher on trial in Chile and her son on trial in Africa. The World reaching a strange new state of equilibrium in the Southern Hemisphere.

:lol:

Comment

To be fair, Mrs Thatcher had nothing to do with the coup of 1973 in Chile. But she chummed up with the dictator, because she was at war with Chile's arch-rival Argentina in 1982.
      And later, when "Pinochitler" was under house arrest in Britain 1999-2000 at the behest of the Spanish judge Garzأ³n (but later released), Mrs. Thatcher came to his defense and pulled a lot of strings, including in the House of Lords, to get this criminal free.
      Kissinger was the US official who sanctioned the coup, and the CIA practically masterminded the bloody take-over which led also to the deaths of world famous artists like the poet Pablo Neruda and the singer/songwriter Victor Jarra who was brutally murdered because the reactionaries hated the power of his words ...
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Excellent! I gather the old murderer has had a miracle-cure after he was excused from trial for Alzheimers or whatever it was.

Nick Griffin (BNP fuhrer) busted as well!http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...storyID=638492

Hang on, though - if he can already be arrested for
        calling Islam "a wicked, vicious faith".
        , why do we need a dodgy "religious hatred" law?

PS Don't worry Adlerian, we won't shop you!
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Mr L.

true that the barmy old Hellhag jumped to Pino's aid, but I'm not sure about her being able to pull strings. she's had f*ck all influence for some time in the U.K. - it's the Blairite mafia that controlled everything. maybe you know different - you're very well read so I could be wrong.

anyway, even as someone who is anti death penalty, a tiny bit of me would like to see the b*stard swing :twisted: .

Comment

Originally posted by ReaveTheJust
            Mr L.

true that the barmy old Hellhag jumped to Pino's aid, but I'm not sure about her being able to pull strings. she's had f*ck all influence for some time in the U.K. - it's the Blairite mafia that controlled everything. maybe you know different - you're very well read so I could be wrong.

anyway, even as someone who is anti death penalty, a tiny bit of me would like to see the b*stard swing :twisted: .
            Well, I can't say what strings she could still pull, but at least she heavily influenced the conservative media/press while the guy was detained. He was depicted as "Britain's Only Ally during the Falkland War". No idea how that influenced the judges that they decided to let him go. ..

But Death penalty? No, every single day the old a**hole lives in uncertainty whether or not he's going to spent the rest of his rotten life behind bars is Hell for him who thought he could get away with it all! :twisted: Fully understand the tiny bit of you, though, hehe!
            Google ergo sum

Comment

But what about the corporate bosses who benefited from P's dirty work - will we ever see justice for them?
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_C
                But what about the corporate bosses who benefited from P's dirty work - will we ever see justice for them?
                I'm not telling you a secret if I say Business is so incredibly dirty ...!.
                Tom Bower in his book "The Butcher of Lyons" shows that even Israeli arms manufacturers secretly dealt with Klaus Barbie who as "Klaus Altmann" was in charge of the Bolivian secret police. And they were well aware that he was a runaway SS officer...!
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Sounds about right:
                  Henry Ford Was A Fascist
                  by David Rovics

Ford built tanks for the Nazis
                  And the Nazis used those tanks
                  To kill off lots of soldiers
                  In the U.S. Army ranks
                  Yes, Henry Ford was a fascist
                  And a nasty one was he
                  He'd build tanks for anyone
                  For the proper fee

Henry Ford spoke to his lackeys
                  And he said, "isn't this great?
                  "We'll attack our enemies
                  "And we'll retaliate!"
                  Henry Ford was a fascist
                  And a cunning liar, too
                  A brownshirt with a swastika
                  Draped in red, white and blue

Henry Ford spoke to his workers
                  And he said, "you dare not strike!
                  "You must be patriotic
                  "And take on my Third Reich!"
                  \ And he had not a care
                  About the dying soldiers
                  That made him a billionaire

Ford built tanks for the Nazis
                  And he built many more
                  To kill off lots of peasants
                  In Peru and Salvador
                  I heard that when he died
                  The last words to leave his lips
                  Was "arbeit macht frei"

The dollar was his icon
                  On whichever shore
                  And Henry's only motto
                  Was "make money and make war"
                  That's all I have to say
                  I will spit on Henry's rotting grave
                  Until my dying day

Comment

Working...
                  X