Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Jesse Ventura's political videos and views on Edward Snowden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Ventura's political videos and views on Edward Snowden

Jesse Ventura has a new online show called Off The Grid and I feel that some of the things he mentions are good points or at least he has an interesting look at various subjects.

About Edward Snowden:

Edward Snowden's Legal Advisor Goes #OffTheGrid

Twitter:
    @GovJVentura

ora tv-
    http://www.ora.tv/offthegrid
    (210) 80-ASK-JV

Is Ventura way out there?, or does he have a firm grasp of what is going on in the world?

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Can't help liking Ventura. He mostly thinks for himself. May go off into tinfoil hat territory on occasion, but also makes a lot of sense. Definitely no Alex Jones. More towards the Willie Nelson end of the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
      Can't help liking Ventura. He mostly thinks for himself. May go off into tinfoil hat territory on occasion, but also makes a lot of sense. Definitely no Alex Jones. More towards the Willie Nelson end of the spectrum.

Yep! Correct. Very true.

I'm with ya, Pietro_Mercurios!

---

Jesse Ventura gets a person to thinking.

I've been running some things through my mind about situations in the world. (the world's pain)

Does this sound a bit crazy or plain poppycock?...

One thing we could do:

A ) In the troubled regions of Africa, ask a bunch of super wealthy people to build houses there along with shopping malls and night entertainment that the mega-rich take great pleasure in. Asking each nations permission first, of course.

B) The next thing we know, there are instantaneously constructed schools, parks, apartments, gas stations, service garages and the very best hospitals ever made. Soon, they have a nice little township going on there, tucked away from the splendor of wildlife, nature and the wilderness.

C) United Nations sends military units in to protect the people, the town district and the buildings.

D) Peace. Atrocities are reduced or eliminated.

Have we a good plan?

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Sounds like South Africa.

Problem is, all the really rich people spend most of their time confined behind the security walls of gated communities and the use of scarce local resources puts them out of the reach of the locals, if not exhausting them altogether.

So, much like the rest of the World, really. Only more so.

Comment

Problem is, all the really rich people spend most of their time confined behind the security walls of gated communities and the use of scarce local resources puts them out of the reach of the locals, if not exhausting them altogether.

A shame. That is a very important factor that I have not considered.

I guess it would be like another Beverly Hills where a short distance away things start becoming unsafe. Or Atlantic City where it used to look like a war zone once you get away from the protection of the boardwalk.

There must be some eventual way to help, staying positive, like having some kind of international incentive where it does not profit a man to be evil.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec View Post
            ... where it does not profit a man to be evil.
            You sort that ol' chestnut out and it's Nobel prize time for you!

Comment

[QUOTE=lemec;270728]

I'm not sure how this thread moved from The Body's take on Edward Snowden to Africa's plight, but here's a more direct plan for helping in Kenya and Uganda: http://www.givedirectly.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                Originally posted by lemec View Post
                ... where it does not profit a man to be evil.
                You sort that ol' chestnut out and it's Nobel prize time for you!
                Yeah, it's obvious the the experts on the matter might have been working on the solution of my statement for quite some time.

Same as me proclaiming the sky is blue.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Heresiologist View Post

I'm not sure how this thread moved from The Body's take on Edward Snowden to Africa's plight, but here's a more direct plan for helping in Kenya and Uganda: http://www.givedirectly.org/

Thank you very much for this link, Heresiologist.

Ya, I should've said Ventura politics and world discussion. I think Jesse will get to talking about Africa sometime this year.

Mainly, I didn't think the world was ready for another whole Lemec thread that contains only a few posts. I thought it best to list my ideas in something that previously existed, if the material is somewhat remotely related to the subject. (I'm trying to evolve, and protect the forum from my word pollution) Saving the virtual environment one step at a time.
                  Last edited by lemec; 03-28-2014, 05:46 PM. Reason: Needed quote.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Jesse Ventura makes a couple interesting points in this one.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

As a Minnesotan I've always had mixed feelings about Ventura. I have always admired is independence and some of his stance on liberty but do think he can at times be a bit of an embarrassment (although, for the past while we've had Michelle Bachman to be embarrassed of which has deflected some of Ventura's occasional cookyness away from the forefront).

Overall, I'd have to put it thusly: While I agree with some of his views and can back some of his ideas I could never with good conscious vote the man as I think he is incapable of operating in the American political system.
                      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
                      X