Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Save the Dundee Roundhose Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save the Dundee Roundhose Petition

Thingfish, have you heard about this nonsense?

We, as a community, have taken on the task of clearing out a plot of derelict land which is owned by the council and has not been used for anything other than a fly tipping/dump site for many years. In short we've put a year and a half of backbreaking work into revitalising this land and creating a little haven, an oasis in the city. We have cleared many a ton of waste that the council has dumped here over several years and recycled most of it into a mud and clay roundhouse and a series of planters and organic compost for fruit and veg that the entire community uses. Please stop from crushing our Roundhouse and the beautiful nurtured land on which all our hard work and love has gone into.
    An archeao-astronomer bud of mine in Scotland posted it on Crackbook this morning.

Why can't we have nice things?!

Petition link.
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Hey WL!

Cheers for the PM about this.

I know Amira well and have been down to and occasionally helped out at the roundhouse garden since they set it up.(never knew it had a name mind you )
    Its a great wee place they have which the majority of folks support around here.
    The folks there are friendly,young and enthusiastic about what they are trying to achieve but it looks like our auld bane local politics are about to really try and give them grief.
    I phoned her after seeing this to advise them to forget about the local press(in the main firmly in the pockets of said 'politicians') and go straight to local MP(a guy i used to actually play in a band with back in mid 80s and is usually quite decent on green issues)
    I had no idea it had went this far and i copied and pasted your link to send to a few folk who might be able to raise a wee stink about it.
    Cheers Jeff
    Last edited by thingfish; 08-20-2013, 03:39 PM.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

No prob's man. Soon as I saw it posted, I thought of you. Very cool that you've been there and now the folks personally. I've also re-posted this on crackbook, and many UK mates have signed it as well.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thats well appreciated ma man!

They got themselves on the local news last night and the reporting was very pro-roundhouse which is good.
        Apparently another land owner has chipped in saying that that land is actually his and not the councils so we'll see how that develops.
        Cheers!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Good lard, I just noticed I wrote Roundhose in the title. Well, I suppose . . . what other shape would a hose be?

Hey Things, if you should come by any more info on this affair, I'd love to hear about it. Love the whole concept of the place.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Absolutely WL!
            In fact i think a roundhose or two may be a tasty deterrent for the bailiffs!

I heard yesterday that the council have stood down their attack dogs for the moment.Also got told that even the local police dont agree with them and are making them keep strictly to the book.

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Cheers, Alan. I'll pass this along to my Scot buds. Hey, who doesn't like good news?

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
              X