Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Message From Alricmercke: There's NOTHING you can do!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    As I mention on a different thread, whining only reinforces perceptions of weakness, and maybe even positions of weakness.

I like what PWV said about choosing to live on your knees rather than dying on your feet. I know it's not entirely yours, but I think it sums up the differences between people who choose to do nothing and those who choose to do something--anything--to get the world closer to where they think it needs to be. Who was it that said "It's better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"?

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    You bet, Jer. Sorry to bash him so bad, but this kind of "sorry loser" isn't what we need right now. We need to be strenghtened in our resolve, not beaten into submission by this electoral setback. Bush didn't win by any landslide; in fact, he won by the narrowest margin for a sitting president since Woodrow Wilson (1916)! That's not exactly a solid victory. That's barely getting the job done.

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Thanks for the reply amigo!

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Re: Message From Alricmercke: There's NOTHING you can do!!

Originally posted by Jerico
    Here's a response I got from one of my post-election blogs...
    (I'd love to hear comments from y'all MWM crew! Is he right?)
    He's a defeatist cry-baby whiner.

Originally posted by the defeatist cry-baby that Jerico quoted
    You know what? I didn't vote because i knew Bush would win.
    8O This is a painfully stupid statement...

The tug of war between overreacting republicans and pussy ass democrats has little to do with your day to day life.
    ...and so is this.

It's a little cynical, yeah...
    A little cynical? Har!

And another thing, all the crap in this world does happen for a reason, you just aren't informed because it's above your station.
    Stating the obvious doesn't redeem this guy at all...

Society is structured the way it is because it has to be.
    ...nor does stating the ridiculously obtuse.

There are rulers, and there are subjects of those rulers. The subjects do as the ruler commands or everyone ends up dead, even the ruler.
    OR, you get what we call "revolution." This guy sounds like he's just ready to bend over and take it because he's too lazy and/or stupid to fight back. He'd rather live on his knees than die on his feet.

...so keep squackin' if it makes you feel better...but at the same time, we're all a part of the same agenda, you just can't seem to grasp that. By bringing things to people's attention, you're helping the very bastards you have a problem with become more crafty.)
    Jerico, you should stop reading this idiot's blog. If this piece is an example of his editorial prowess, you're better off getting your political commentary from the Powerpuff Girls. There's plenty of good writing out there; why read this crap?

I mean, really, come on. This is someone who just wants to bitch. He has no real opinions, no valid solutions. He's got the lousy attitude that "if you fight it, it'll only make it hurt more". He'd have us all just give up rather than stand up for ourselves?

In summary, in case I wasn't clear: the guy is a defeatist cry-baby whiner.

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Bush Iraq Adviser Blackwill to Step Down, Report Says

WASHINGTON (Nov. 5) - Robert Blackwill, brought to the White House last year to manage the Bush Administration's troubled Iraq policy, unexpectedly announced his resignation on Friday, the Washington Post reported in its Saturday edition.

Blackwill had been mentioned prominently in speculation about President George W. Bush's second term foreign-policy team, with some observers pegging him as a possible successor to national security adviser Condoleezza Rice, the Post wrote in the article posted on its Web site.

In an e-mail to colleagues on the National Security Council staff, Blackwill said he had told Rice several weeks ago he would continue working through the U.S. presidential election but would leave soon afterward, the paper wrote.

Blackwill arrived at the White House in the summer of 2003. He was been widely credited with reshaping administration policy by focusing on ending the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq and establishing an interim government.

White House officials said Blackwill's departure less than three months before the crucial Iraqi elections should not be interpreted as a sign of disarray or disagreement in its Iraq policy, the paper wrote.

11/05/04 23:23 ET

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    started a topic Message From Alricmercke: There's NOTHING you can do!!

Message From Alricmercke: There's NOTHING you can do!!

Here's a response I got from one of my post-election blogs...
    (I'd love to hear comments from y'all MWM crew! Is he right?)

You know what? I didn't vote because i knew Bush would win. If i'm correct in assuming you voted, i gather you did it in the hope he wouldn't. We've all had our fun, can we just move on and do our part to make this country a better place to live at our own personal levels rather than trying to
    disturb a machine that's been in operation, and will continue to do so, for
    a very very long time?

Politics is such a mess, and no one's going to clean it up...not you, not a
    foreign power, not our government. It'll continue to be what it is as long
    as human beings and their creations are in charge of it. The tug of war
    between overreacting republicans and pussy ass democrats has little to do with your day to day life. Polititians are going to give the people just
    enough so they won't be overthrown, causing people to continue complainging and strive to find whatever "truth" they think is most important it's why there's always enough idiotic news like this [responding to a linked article] to keep us occupied and thinking we're making a difference.

It's a little cynical, yeah...but at least it's honest, pal. Which is more
    than i can say for all these wankers who are trying to shake things up.
    They're just attempting to villify their competition so they can get a leg
    up...it's nothing to do with idealism, get over it.

-Alric

(And another thing, all the crap in this world does happen for a reason, you just aren't informed because it's above your station. Society is structured
    the way it is because it has to be. There are rulers, and there are
    subjects of those rulers. The subjects do as the ruler commands or everyone ends up dead, even the ruler. We happen to be Americans though, we get to do pretty much whatever we want and fuck all to anyone who disagrees. It's our right in this country but we still owe it to ourselves and our fellows
    to do what we're obligated to...so keep squackin' if it makes you feel
    better...but at the same time, we're all a part of the same agenda, you just can't seem to grasp that. By bringing things to people's attention, you're helping the very bastards you have a problem with become more crafty.)
Working...
X