Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Connecticut Shootings

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is known that the shooter had significant mental health issues that affected his ability to live a normal life and to interact with others, even those to whom he should have been close. As an adult he did not recognize or help himself deal with those issues. What contribution this made to the shootings, if any, is unknown as those mental health professionals who saw him did not see anything that would have predicted his future behavior. He had a familiarity with and access to firearms and ammunition and an obsession with mass murders, in particular the April 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Colorado. Investigators however, have not discovered any evidence that the shooter voiced or gave any indication to others that he intended to commit such a crime himself.*

(And he had an assault gun and several other "small arms" that are freely available (to avert the threat of tyranny) and knew how to use them, too well alas. Comment by L'E)

* Source: Report of the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Danbury on the Shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School and 36 Yogananda Street,Newtown, Connecticuton, December 14, 2012
    http://www.ct.gov/csao/lib/csao/Sand...nal_Report.pdf
    Google ergo sum

Comment

• Guy Reaches For Wallet, Ends Up Shooting Himself In The Butt

A 32-year-old Michigan man was at a Home Depot store last week when he tried to reach for his wallet. Instead, he ended up discharging his .40 caliber glock
      If only his ass had been armed it could have defended itself.

Comment

• For every bad ass with a gun...

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O66dbUnFGS0

Comment

• OK, now I'm irked.

How you get a Glock to go off by accident eludes me, but since one of our senior deputies did just that....the man knew nothing about firearms, refused to learn and was showing signs of early dementia. Even so he was a good man and a very good deputy, he just wasn't much with firearms.

This guy? What a MAROON!

A gun has saved my skin at least six times, and that doesn't count Vietnam.

Three times, it was thugs who followed me into the alley by my apartment house. They demanded money, I let them see my .45,they booked. Once, it was a jerk who confused me with some guy who was having it off with his wife. He brought a knife to a gunfight, and I pistol-whipped him. He dropped the knife, I put on the cuffs, he went to jail. Another time, a man was determined to ''kill me a white man!'' He saw my .45, and ran like a gazelle. I also drew on a slug who was cornering a woman, demanding money. He got testy, and I cracked him on the shin with my blackjack, but the .45 was there, just in case.

Every day, guns save lives, just as every day they take them.

Get to know those mean streets, things are not as cut and dried as you seem to think.

But the guy in Home Depot? Yeah, he's probably an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by krakenten View Post

Three times, it was thugs who followed me into the alley by my apartment house. They demanded money, I let them see my .45,they booked. Once, it was a jerk who confused me with some guy who was having it off with his wife. He brought a knife to a gunfight, and I pistol-whipped him. He dropped the knife, I put on the cuffs, he went to jail. Another time, a man was determined to ''kill me a white man!'' He saw my .45, and ran like a gazelle. I also drew on a slug who was cornering a woman, demanding money. He got testy, and I cracked him on the shin with my blackjack, but the .45 was there, just in case.

Every day, guns save lives, just as every day they take them.
              Ok, Dirty Harry . . . I've finally decided that not only do I find your tone in this thread repulsive, but there's another thing and I've not been able to put my foot on it until now, and that is I just don't believe half the you spew in here.

So, carry on (like you'd stop no matter what anyone said), and live the fantasy, you pistol-packing avenger, you.
              Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• OK, this thread doesn't seem as if it going to improve in tone, so I'm going to lock it. We've been through this argument before on the Miscellany and it just goes round and round. We'll just agree to differ (again) on this occasion.

Krakenten, could I take this opportunity to inform you that the use of the word 'sheeple' is frowned upon on this site, so could you refrain from using it again, please? Thank you.
                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                X