Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Anti-cancer virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-cancer virus

Here's one IndieGoGo project that I adopted recently:

We are a team of guerrilla fundraisers who have launched a global campaign to fund research into a potential treatment for the cancer that killed Steve Jobs.

The potential therapy, a cancer-busting virus, is currently sitting in a freezer in Sweden – but it can’t be tested for lack of just £2million.
    Big business won’t stump up the £2million needed to fund the first stage of clinical trials, because there is no money to be made.

The Swedish research team, led by Prof Magnus Essand, were so keen to collaborate and share the findings they published the research.

But now it is out in the public domain it can’t be protected by the patent that would have enabled buisness backers to make a profit.

http://www.indiegogo.com/icancervirus

For full disclosure, I haven't checked all the research papers that they have in the Updates section and I've pretty much rewarded the campaign for a compelling sounding story. People who are really keen about these sorts of things will definitely want to have a peek at those.
    Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985
Working...
X