Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Political Compass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Compass

I did the political compass thing
    http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Wierd... this has me just a little to the left. Well a lot of the questions I was completly netral on and it wouldn't let you pick that way.
    Economic Left/Right: -0.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64

I was curious how other people here turned out.
    (No bashing please)

Nice test putting me a trifle closer to anarchy than Gandhi
    Economic Left/Right: -6.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28
    My Grandpa who was a major in the 1st Foot Guards (Imperial Prussian Army) would have considered disinheriting me ...
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Well, apparently I am:

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
      Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

I agree about the lack of a "neutral" option... I also would have liked a "whu?" option for the questions I couldn't entirely understand. Still, it was interesting to see "abstract art" crop up as a subject!
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Abstract art is one of those things that's a bit wierd. I remember going to a museum in Chicago and seeing to pictuers that both looked like they were drawn by children.. for some reason one looked good, and the other look like a real child would have done better, and I could never quite tell why.

Comment

Well, we all have different perceptions of and reactions to "Art", but I was surprised that it came up as an issue that might in some way give a clue to our position on the political compass.
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Right, Dee. It is a bit like "fastfood" as a test. The questions (and limited answer possibilities) are somewhat stereotype and my owning Scottish Terriers (a charming, but very conservative kind of dog that hates cats and mailmen) is not in the least reflected.
            I know several leftists who don't like abstract art and some conservatives who feel great owning entire museums full of it. Would baffle the test-designers, eh?
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -8.12
              Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.00

Looks like I'm in bed with Nelson Mandela and The Dalai Lama.

Comment

Less than an a statement about art, I think the propositions are intended to ascertain the degree to which someone is rigid in their views and wishes to enforce their views onto others. Clearly there is an attempt to find out whether a person is left or right, and then - whatever the political leaning - to decide if that person wants their views supported by force or by choice. Given enough time and motivation we could pick the test apart, but I am not sure it is wholly inaccurate - I bet it places most people where they belong in a general way.

If there is anything odd in the possible results it would be how people like myself and someone like Kitsune can go at it hammer and tong but still be in the generally same quadrant. Which is to say, we have similar ideas but perhaps very different views about how to go about achieving them in the political sphere.

Comment

Economic: -5.75
                  Social: -7.08

The lack of a "neutral" option was a problem more than
                  once. I think it may have skewed my results towards to
                  positive in the economic phase, somewhat inaccurately.

LSN

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -9.00
                    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.51

This apparently means that, compared to me, Nelson Mandela is Hitler.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, well, I honestly didn't think I'd end up as an anarchocommunist, but at least I'm a bit more left than I am libertarian, which seems proper.

Does this mean that I'm entitled to be this community's official left-wing nutcase?
                    You can't spell "politically correct" without "correct".

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
                      once.
                      There are no neutral options! Organisation is fascism! Long live the collective!

Sorry, just trying to fit into my new role here... :D
                      You can't spell "politically correct" without "correct".

Comment

I suddenly feel the urge to refer to everyone as Comrad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rymdolov
                          once.
                          There are no neutral options! Organisation is fascism! Long live the collective!

Sorry, just trying to fit into my new role here... :D
                          When I generally agreed with a proposition, but could think of exceptions,
                          I often answered "agree" instead of "stongly agree".

When I thought there were enough counterexamples to make it difficult to
                          say yes or no, I selected my inclination as a mild "agree" or "disagree." Those
                          are the cases where a "neutral" answer might have mattered.

As for your high score, min vأ¤n, I conclude that you are young and very
                          certain about some things. Some of us are a bit older, and experience causes
                          us to temper our responses by removing the "strong" qualifier.

That doesn't mean we don't agree with you. It means we don't possess your
                          level of certainty. Absolute certainty in social and ethical concerns is difficult
                          to come by unless the question is trivial, most of the time.

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by Kitsune
                            Personally, Comrade Renard, I prefer anarcho-syndicalism and think Karl Marx was a
                            bourgeois capitalist tool! Ecrasse l'infame!

This was a joke, if you didn't already deduce it. :lol:

LSN

Comment

I perfer Julius Marx :lol:

Originally posted by Kitsune
                              Personally, Comrade Renard, I prefer anarcho-syndicalism and think Karl Marx was a
                              bourgeois capitalist tool! Ecrasse l'infame!

This was a joke, if you didn't already deduce it. :lol:

LSN

Comment

Working...
                              X