Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

UK Government to force entry to Ecuadorean Embassy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you describe, opaloka, is - sadly - an habit for Italian politicians. :(

And, sadly, the B. man is not currently our prime minister, but he still has many supporters. This happens when someone controls the media, and hadtwenty years to shape people's beliefs and ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
      I find it interesting to compare the Wikileaks/Assange/Manning affair to Pussey Riot. Two equally driven administrations afraid of free speech????
      Except that Assange is wanted in relation to sexual assault, which I don't think many people think of as being covered by "free speech"

Comment

The Manning case is far more complicated than the Pussy Riot case. The Pussy Riot case is a case of free speech that offended not just the powers that be, but a lot of ordinary Russians who can be very religious. Offensive or threatening to power as it was, it is still speech that should be protected.

I don't think we can talk about the Manning case without talking about whether nation-states have the right to keep secrets, and whether soldiers should have all the same rights as civilians.

Comment

Working...
        X