Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Protect Indigenous Heritage sites in Western Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protect Indigenous Heritage sites in Western Australia

Hi folks. If you could, please take a mo' and sign this petition. Cheers.

Many ancient Aboriginal heritage sites, which can include thousands of years old rock art, relics and skeletal remains have been obliterated owing to the weaknesses of the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (WA). The Western Australian government wants to water down this act even further which would benefit mining companies and development and see so much more destruction of our precious Indigenous culture.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/tony...tern-australia
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Done. And having read some of the information there, it's disgraceful that it's even necessary. It does sound like what's being proposed would be just like allowing the bulldozing of Stonehenge or the Pyramids on the grounds that - well, they stopped using them ages ago so who cares...

Reminds me of the Taliban's destruction of the Buddhist statues in the Bamiyan valley. Except for the lack of a similar international outcry against the Australian vandalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
      Done. And having read some of the information there, it's disgraceful that it's even necessary. It does sound like what's being proposed would be just like allowing the bulldozing of Stonehenge or the Pyramids on the grounds that - well, they stopped using them ages ago so who cares...

Reminds me of the Taliban's destruction of the Buddhist statues in the Bamiyan valley. Except for the lack of a similar international outcry against the Australian vandalism.
      They've sacked government archies down to ten, count'm, ten for all of Canada. Imagine what's being destroyed here with no one to even document it.

I've been yammering with an archie in the very neck o' the Oz wood for some time now, and it's from him I grabbed this. Share it all over, if you will.
      Last edited by Wanderlust; 08-15-2012, 02:50 AM.
      Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

An all too familiar scenario for my country i'm sad to say.As i wrote before,Australia's political elites are something of a nightmare. The mining companies were strong enough also to remove our former PM when it suited them (well at least a major factor in the downfall of Kevin Rudd.)
        There is also an ongoing eco-catastrophe being played out in the the form of the ( imported ) cane toad plague and a lot of general mismanagement as well. 20 thousand public service jobs slashed in my state over the last few weeks.
        Lucky Country?...not quite.
        Last edited by Kymba334; 08-15-2012, 10:35 PM.
        Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Working...
        X