Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Quarrying plans at Dungeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarrying plans at Dungeness

If you've ever been to strange and wonderful Dungeness on the Kent coast, you'll know it's a unique environment and a conservation site of national and international importance.

Anyway, a planning application has been entered to quarry shingle from the area to use in flood-defences in neighbouring counties.

The Love Dungeness site lists several reasons why this would be a Bad Thing, and provides a guide to what you can do to oppose the planning application.

Would the voice of a foreigner be any help, Tom? Like threatening to cancel my long planned hols in Kent?
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger View Post
      Would the voice of a foreigner be any help, Tom? Like threatening to cancel my long planned hols in Kent?
      If you are coming over, then perhaps those of us in the area could arrange a MMM by the sea?
      Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

Originally posted by L'Etranger View Post
        Hi L'E - as the area is an EU-designated Special Area of Conservation, it's obviously deemed important in an international context, so I don't see why your views on it shouldn't be taken in consideration by the Council

http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/protectedsi...code=UK0013059

Comment

Thanks, then I will write them my deep-felt concerns from the point of view of an ardent supporter of the idea that Europe is more than a shaky merger of of currency ... and so on.
          Google ergo sum

Comment

I've never been but I've heard wonderful things about this barren place, so I've put my name on the petition...
            forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
            2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
            3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Working...
            X