Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Predictions for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin
    replied
    I agree : small is beautiful. And welcome to the site!

(I plan on leaving my predictions for 2012 until late December and I'll probably go for something like "Christmas will come and go yet again without me really noticing much beyond the fact that I have another duck to roast.")

Leave a comment:

• ukusa
    replied
    It's late coming to me, but, I predict we'll meet the NEW BOSS, SAME AS THE OLD BOSS whomever wins the elections. The US is wayyyyy too big for one president, and should be cut into many little countries imo!

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    This is a given, I think, but I see....

The world economy degrading further, and everyone will blame everyone.

Most nations will blame Greece and the U.S.

Within the U.S., the Republicans will continue to blame the Democrats for Obama care, while the Democrats will continue to blame the Republicans for not doing it right... somehow... They've got to be doing something wrong, since it's not fixing the system.

Meanwhile, since Congress has it's own insurance, they will continue to pat themselves on the back for fixing the problem while the average American tightens their belts to afford how well the system was fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Heiron
    replied
    Originally posted by Heiron View Post
    I predict Greece will be out of the euro and will default.Ha,I guess everyone see that coming.
    We'll also have elections here but no party will get 151/300 so we'll have a coalition of parties in the government(pretty much like we have now).More crappy parties(like "Ecologists") to enter the parliament.All our resources sold to foreign industries(even the petrol,gas etc that hasn't been "found" yet).Unemployment will reach Mars and of course dracmhas will have no value at the end of the year.You may see me coming to one of your countries. :P
    USA will invade Iran.Duh.
    Greece will qualify from the group round in Euro2012 with an impressive victory of 1-0 and a magnificent draw of 0-0.But we will be eliminated by Netherlands later on.
    Olympiakos,Manchester City,Barcelona,Paris Saint Germain,Porto,Bayern will win their domestic titles.Real Madrid will win CHL though.Messi will be the top scorer.
    Barcelona will have to settle with the Euroleague title as a european trophy.
    Germany and Senegal will win their continental titles.Podolski and Chamak the top scorers.
    Could have been better but so far...not bad!

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied

That sounds like a ticket to a nightmare, Mr Nobody!

Leave a comment:

• nobody
    replied
    I'm predicting a Newt/Paul 2012 ticket.

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Phew WL!
    Just for a moment there i read that as 'pants'

Leave a comment:

• Wanderlust
    replied
    "There shall be a great rubbing of parts."

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Cheers Heiron,im off to the betting office!!

Leave a comment:

• Heiron
    replied
    I predict Greece will be out of the euro and will default.Ha,I guess everyone see that coming.
    We'll also have elections here but no party will get 151/300 so we'll have a coalition of parties in the government(pretty much like we have now).More crappy parties(like "Ecologists") to enter the parliament.All our resources sold to foreign industries(even the petrol,gas etc that hasn't been "found" yet).Unemployment will reach Mars and of course dracmhas will have no value at the end of the year.You may see me coming to one of your countries. :P
    USA will invade Iran.Duh.
    Greece will qualify from the group round in Euro2012 with an impressive victory of 1-0 and a magnificent draw of 0-0.But we will be eliminated by Netherlands later on.
    Olympiakos,Manchester City,Barcelona,Paris Saint Germain,Porto,Bayern will win their domestic titles.Real Madrid will win CHL though.Messi will be the top scorer.
    Barcelona will have to settle with the Euroleague title as a european trophy.
    Germany and Senegal will win their continental titles.Podolski and Chamak the top scorers.
    Heiron Nostradamus for multiverse.org

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post

I predict that I'll finally get my nerve up and hit the street, armed with a trusty trumpet, or flute, or sax, or maybe even a guitar and busk ... and miss a few notes here and there, just like I do during practice.
    Sounds good ILP!
    Something i think everyone should do at least once.
    All power to yer elbow!

Leave a comment:

• In_Loos_Ptokai
    replied
    Win some, lose some

I predict there will be very many predictions, and about half will come true.

I predict that the world will end as it has so many other times before, right on schedule.

I predict that an awful lot of people will be disappointed by their political representatives.

I predict that I'll finally get my nerve up and hit the street, armed with a trusty trumpet, or flute, or sax, or maybe even a guitar and busk ... and miss a few notes here and there, just like I do during practice.

Leave a comment:

• flutegirlrockz
    replied
    I predict that my blog will become the most popular blog on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Kymba334
    replied
    Blowing my own trumpet here...

I predict that i will finish writing my first novel and/or go more crazy than usual. The second part is 90% likely....()

Leave a comment:

• Kamelion
    replied
    Predictions for 2012? Easy. There shall, in that time, be rumors of things going astray, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

(With thanks to wiser men than I .)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X