Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Predictions for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'Etranger
    replied
    February I expect to have 29 days this year.

Leave a comment:

• flutegirlrockz
    replied
    Originally posted by pixi View Post
    I predict a riot...
    I predict there will be lot's of soccer riot's at the Oylmpic's or is that football riot's. Plus we won't get to Mars again. Plus by the end of the year we will have traveled through time one year into the future.

Leave a comment:

• SERPNTA1267
    replied
    I love the big hipe about the Mayan Calender. Yes it ends a huge cycle, but guess what, "IT STARTS OVER AGAIN". Yes there is suppost to be major wars and disasters according to the cycle, but we have seen that happening for a long time now. What is suppost to happen in the new cycle is that man will start looking at the world and the universe differently, ending the way we think now and becoming more enlightened. Lets hope they were right.

My predictions for the next year-

More and stronger naturel distasters than previous years.

Some people will go totally nuts about the end of the world and cause problems.

More fighting in the Middle East but more dictators will fall because of uprises by the common people.

Problems with the presidential election in the USA causing riots.

These aren't really that hard to predict and I hope that I am wrong. This should be an interesting year so try to enjoy it, just like you should everyday of your life.

Leave a comment:

• ThanosShadowsage
    replied
    Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
    I predict that I will be sick and tired of hearing about the freaking Myans by the year's end.

Leave a comment:

• opaloka
    replied
    I think Ron Paul will run as an independent and Obama will win with less than 50 percent of the vote - reminiscent of the Clinton/Perot/Bush race almost 20 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Papi
    replied
    Je ne sais pas

Originally posted by Pebble View Post
    (...)

Sakorzy not to be re-elected, but Obama will be (maybe with the help of some hanging chads - )

(...)
    May be for Obama, but Sarkozy...
    USA citizens re-elected W. Bush, and I am not sure that we (the frogs) are more intelligent !
    I swear on the Runestaff : I hope you are right Pebble !
    I hope you are right Pebble !

Leave a comment:

• pixi
    replied
    I predict a riot...

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    replied
    Actually: a serious one. There WILL actually be a Hawkwind coverband jam session in upstate New York organized by UncleDes. Already got the ball rolling on Facebook and the Hawkwind website.

Leave a comment:

• UncleDes
    replied
    Many things will happen.

There will be a portent.

A best friend of yours has an address with a "2" in it: his name begins with a "P" or a "J"....or maybe an "M"...no? Did I say "J" already Can I buy a vowel?

UncleDes will drink then post strange posts on a website and will sleep on the sofa.

Des

Leave a comment:

• Morgan Kane
    replied
    the financial and economic crisis will deepen and our so called " masters " will think that democracy is a luxury item they cannot afford ....

Leave a comment:

• thingfish
    replied
    No doubt the Govt will perpetuate the lie that "times are hard" just so they can have an excuse for doing nothing except lining their pockets and weakening The Welfare State.
    Cowards!

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    I predict that the sun will rise in the east and set in the west and that I'll go for a pint tonight.

Everything else is down to chance.

Leave a comment:

• Rothgo
    replied
    I predict the average pay increase will be about 0% but those at board-room level will exceed 30%. I also predict that the Oxford English Dictionary will not add modern usage descriptors to the term "meritocracy".

Leave a comment:

• Nathaniel
    replied
    I predict that I will be sick and tired of hearing about the freaking Myans by the year's end. I will go out on a limb and predict that those predicting end of the world thanks to the Mayan calender will not learn anything when the world does'nt end and will move onto the next stupid prediction in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• The English Assassin
    replied
    It'll be like 2011 + 1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X