Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Predictions for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the big hipe about the Mayan Calender. Yes it ends a huge cycle, but guess what, "IT STARTS OVER AGAIN". Yes there is suppost to be major wars and disasters according to the cycle, but we have seen that happening for a long time now. What is suppost to happen in the new cycle is that man will start looking at the world and the universe differently, ending the way we think now and becoming more enlightened. Lets hope they were right.

My predictions for the next year-

More and stronger naturel distasters than previous years.

Some people will go totally nuts about the end of the world and cause problems.

More fighting in the Middle East but more dictators will fall because of uprises by the common people.

Problems with the presidential election in the USA causing riots.

These aren't really that hard to predict and I hope that I am wrong. This should be an interesting year so try to enjoy it, just like you should everyday of your life.
    "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Originally posted by pixi View Post
      I predict a riot...
      I predict there will be lot's of soccer riot's at the Oylmpic's or is that football riot's. Plus we won't get to Mars again. Plus by the end of the year we will have traveled through time one year into the future.

Comment

February I expect to have 29 days this year.
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Predictions for 2012? Easy. There shall, in that time, be rumors of things going astray, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.

(With thanks to wiser men than I .)
          The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

Blowing my own trumpet here...

I predict that i will finish writing my first novel and/or go more crazy than usual. The second part is 90% likely....()
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

I predict that my blog will become the most popular blog on the internet.

Comment

Win some, lose some

I predict there will be very many predictions, and about half will come true.

I predict that the world will end as it has so many other times before, right on schedule.

I predict that an awful lot of people will be disappointed by their political representatives.

I predict that I'll finally get my nerve up and hit the street, armed with a trusty trumpet, or flute, or sax, or maybe even a guitar and busk ... and miss a few notes here and there, just like I do during practice.
                sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
                And incense the power of man with God
                But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
                by Peter Cape

Comment

Originally posted by In_Loos_Ptokai View Post

I predict that I'll finally get my nerve up and hit the street, armed with a trusty trumpet, or flute, or sax, or maybe even a guitar and busk ... and miss a few notes here and there, just like I do during practice.
                  Sounds good ILP!
                  Something i think everyone should do at least once.
                  All power to yer elbow!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I predict Greece will be out of the euro and will default.Ha,I guess everyone see that coming.
                    We'll also have elections here but no party will get 151/300 so we'll have a coalition of parties in the government(pretty much like we have now).More crappy parties(like "Ecologists") to enter the parliament.All our resources sold to foreign industries(even the petrol,gas etc that hasn't been "found" yet).Unemployment will reach Mars and of course dracmhas will have no value at the end of the year.You may see me coming to one of your countries. :P
                    USA will invade Iran.Duh.
                    Greece will qualify from the group round in Euro2012 with an impressive victory of 1-0 and a magnificent draw of 0-0.But we will be eliminated by Netherlands later on.
                    Olympiakos,Manchester City,Barcelona,Paris Saint Germain,Porto,Bayern will win their domestic titles.Real Madrid will win CHL though.Messi will be the top scorer.
                    Barcelona will have to settle with the Euroleague title as a european trophy.
                    Germany and Senegal will win their continental titles.Podolski and Chamak the top scorers.
                    Heiron Nostradamus for multiverse.org

Comment

Cheers Heiron,im off to the betting office!!
                      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

"There shall be a great rubbing of parts."
                        Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Phew WL!
                          Just for a moment there i read that as 'pants'

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I'm predicting a Newt/Paul 2012 ticket.

Comment

That sounds like a ticket to a nightmare, Mr Nobody!
                              Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Heiron View Post
                                I predict Greece will be out of the euro and will default.Ha,I guess everyone see that coming.
                                We'll also have elections here but no party will get 151/300 so we'll have a coalition of parties in the government(pretty much like we have now).More crappy parties(like "Ecologists") to enter the parliament.All our resources sold to foreign industries(even the petrol,gas etc that hasn't been "found" yet).Unemployment will reach Mars and of course dracmhas will have no value at the end of the year.You may see me coming to one of your countries. :P
                                USA will invade Iran.Duh.
                                Greece will qualify from the group round in Euro2012 with an impressive victory of 1-0 and a magnificent draw of 0-0.But we will be eliminated by Netherlands later on.
                                Olympiakos,Manchester City,Barcelona,Paris Saint Germain,Porto,Bayern will win their domestic titles.Real Madrid will win CHL though.Messi will be the top scorer.
                                Barcelona will have to settle with the Euroleague title as a european trophy.
                                Germany and Senegal will win their continental titles.Podolski and Chamak the top scorers.
                                Could have been better but so far...not bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X